“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Paris
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We stayed in this Hilton group hotel back in September 2011, I most liked the attentiveness of the staff. My fiancée and I got married while staying there and I can say it was most enjoyable. Hotel room was a good size, we stayed in room 222 with 2 queen beds. The room had a good size television, microwave,fridge,iron, hair-dryer among other things you'd expect of a hotel of this chain, good sized bathroom too, only dislike if any was the view from our window, a trailer park. Lovely pool and hot tub, the free breakfast was better than most Iv'e paid for in Paris TX. I'd stay there again once I can afford it.

Room Tip: Get a poolside view if you can.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Richard H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I wasn't excited about this property when I received my reservations; recent comments on TripAdvisor had warned of a "not so terrific" place. When we checked in (a group of 6 for 5 days) we were greeted by an extremely proficient and friendly desk clerk who immediately called us by name - and did so all week long. View from the back of the hotel - not good - overlooks a trailer park that backs up to a Super Walmart, but amazingly quiet and we experienced no problems. Free breakfast every morning - staff was pleasant and dining area was kept very clean. It seems like the hotel management must have read prior TripAdvisor posts, because everything that was mentioned in previous reviews WAS NOT evident during our stay. Good job, Paris Hampton Inn staff!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the front if you are there for the view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Just got into Paris, TX, for a night stay and the woman at the desk is very rude and not helpful. I have had this reservation at this hotel for over 3 weeks and when I bought my room for the night I selected a King Bed for one night. I got up to my room after getting my key from the rude desk clerk to find the room has two full size beds, not what I paid for. So I went back down to speak with the woman and was told that I am "guaranteed A bed" not necessarily the bed I chose, but the room is the same price...Can you tell me how that matters to me at this point? She insists that the hotel is full when there are less than 10 cars in the lot and this is the room I must keep for the night as I can't cancel or I'd be charged a fee. So, unless you want "A" lumpy, small bed then don't go to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nichole J
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The hotel rooms have been renovated and are clean. The lobby needs a bit of an update. The continental breakfast in the morning is free and very good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank shevonne718
Houston, TX
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Spent 1 night here on a business trip. Older/dated hotel. They offered free snacks/wine on Wedneday night, but no other nights.

Still probably the best place to stay in town (major chain).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank zoegirlTX
Lexington, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Our room was spacious, clean with a frig and micro in the room. The pool area was very nice with plenty of large bath towels.
The breakfast is one of their best amenities with hot entrees, cereals, fresh fruit and coffee, tea, juices along with muffins and bagels. I would highly recommend the location.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank dsvilla
texico
Reviewed February 18, 2009

bathroom floor hairs all over/micro not cleaned /staff was so so/didnt know english /breakfast was ok though and restaurants close/trl park behind looks ruff/park in front limited but preferred/park in rest lot instead/

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business