“Surprisingly pleasant stay in Paris, TX”
Review of Hampton Inn Paris

Hampton Inn Paris
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I wasn't excited about this property when I received my reservations; recent comments on TripAdvisor had warned of a "not so terrific" place. When we checked in (a group of 6 for 5 days) we were greeted by an extremely proficient and friendly desk clerk who immediately called us by name - and did so all week long. View from the back of the hotel - not good - overlooks a trailer park that backs up to a Super Walmart, but amazingly quiet and we experienced no problems. Free breakfast every morning - staff was pleasant and dining area was kept very clean. It seems like the hotel management must have read prior TripAdvisor posts, because everything that was mentioned in previous reviews WAS NOT evident during our stay. Good job, Paris Hampton Inn staff!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the front if you are there for the view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Just got into Paris, TX, for a night stay and the woman at the desk is very rude and not helpful. I have had this reservation at this hotel for over 3 weeks and when I bought my room for the night I selected a King Bed for one night. I got up to my room after getting my key from the rude desk clerk to find the room has two full size beds, not what I paid for. So I went back down to speak with the woman and was told that I am "guaranteed A bed" not necessarily the bed I chose, but the room is the same price...Can you tell me how that matters to me at this point? She insists that the hotel is full when there are less than 10 cars in the lot and this is the room I must keep for the night as I can't cancel or I'd be charged a fee. So, unless you want "A" lumpy, small bed then don't go to this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nichole J
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The hotel rooms have been renovated and are clean. The lobby needs a bit of an update. The continental breakfast in the morning is free and very good.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank shevonne718
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Spent 1 night here on a business trip. Older/dated hotel. They offered free snacks/wine on Wedneday night, but no other nights.

Still probably the best place to stay in town (major chain).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank zoegirlTX
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Our room was spacious, clean with a frig and micro in the room. The pool area was very nice with plenty of large bath towels.
The breakfast is one of their best amenities with hot entrees, cereals, fresh fruit and coffee, tea, juices along with muffins and bagels. I would highly recommend the location.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank dsvilla
Reviewed February 18, 2009

bathroom floor hairs all over/micro not cleaned /staff was so so/didnt know english /breakfast was ok though and restaurants close/trl park behind looks ruff/park in front limited but preferred/park in rest lot instead/

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank texico
Reviewed September 18, 2008

We evacuated to Hampton Inn Paris, Tx during Hurricane Ike. I am very picky and this hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed in. We sat in the lobby most of the day during our stay and witnessed the staff going out of their way to help all guests with any request they had. The hotel was completely booked and had a lot of children but we never heard any outside noise while in our rooms. The grounds were well kept, the beds comfortable and the hotel very clean. I would rate this hotel 10 on a scale of 1 to 10.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NannatwoTexas