“Good food”
Review of La Familia - CLOSED

La Familia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The food was delicious and more than I could eat. Excellent price. I had a beef dish (luncheon special #25) that was made with slices of beef topped with a wonderful tomato and pepper sauce. My first trip to Paris. The locals recommended the restaurant to me and I can see why. It looks like a hole in the wall, but will go there again for the great food. The atmosphere was family oriented and felt authentically Mexican.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Once you walk in, you can tell it is a Mexican Restaurant. The food is so delicious and would go back every chance I get to.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Two location in Paris and have eaten at both. The original 20th street location seems to be best. However, if you want a beer you will need to go the Lamar location. All the food is good and can hold its own with any good authentic Mexican restraint. The prices are very good and portions filling. This is by far the best bet for good Mexican food in Paris. Don’t let the big chain location fool you; this is a much better choice if you are looking for quality Mexican taste.

1  Thank SGRC59
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have family that live in Texas so when I visit we look for different places to eat out. I've eaten at La Familia twice since I started coming here 10 years ago. The first time was for lunch with my cousin and a friend of ours. I loved the chips and salsa and queso dip. I also thoroughly enjoyed my flautas the first time. The second time I ate here was last night with my husband and some friends of ours who were from Georgia. We'd read that La Familia is the best in the Paris area for Mexican food and we all wanted Mexican.... The friends that we were with just thought it was okay. The waiter asked me if I wanted cheese and sour cream with my meal and of course I said yes. The cheese that they put on my food wasn't shredded cheddar, it was queso dip which made my crunchy shells soggy. The beef was ground and not shredded and tasted a little bland, like there was filler in it. I was disappointed. The portion sizes were HUGE and the prices are really good for as much food as they give you.

The atmosphere is crowded and cramped. When you drive up, you'll see a turquoise, semi run down building. It looked like we were really in Mexico. I kind of liked the building for some reason. I will admit that it got so loud with the crowded tables and all the people that we couldn't hear ourselves talk. I'd probably eat here again UNLESS there's a better Mexican Restaurant that comes to town.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

While traveling through Paris, one of our party expressed an interest in Mexican food for lunch. Since we knew nothing about Paris I looked on Trip Advisor for a recommendation. La Familia was rated well and was only blocks away - but off the main track where it would have been missed otherwise by those such as us just passing through on the main highway.
This is a neighborhood place where everyone is welcome. You do not have to worry about what you are wearing. It looks like the locals eat here.
We enjoyed the usual mexican fare - enchilada's. rice, beans,etc. along with grilled chicken salad for one guest, The food was good and hot. The drinks cold. The service was quick and friendly - the prices at lunch were quite reasonable - and the menu showed similar value for dinner meals.
We all said we would return here next time we came to Paris...

1  Thank CrankyOldGuy