“Wonderful place!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Pampa - Event Center
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pampa
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I was a bit skeptical about finding decent lodging in Pampa, TX, but after viewing other's remarks on here about this place, we decided to try it. What a great choice--it was not only good, it was EXCELLENT! Our rate was around $85 and I have stayed at places almost twice that much that were not as nice. The lobby and eating area were well-decorated, there was an indoor pool and gameroom, the rooms were clean and nicely-appointed and the beds were VERY comfy. To top it all off, the staff was some of the nicest and most helpful I've ever encountered. We were on our way to Taos, NM and stopped in Pampa on that trip, and it was kind of out of the way, but we decided to get off the interstate and take the "scenic" route. Can't say it was very scenic, but if your travels do take you to Pampa, be sure to stay at this place. It is definitely the best! Wish I could find a place this nice in all my travels.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank judyhobbes
Cash67, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Pampa - Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We appreciate you taking the time to fill out this survey! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

I live one hour away from Pampa, TX. The Woody Guthrie Folk Music Center is in Pampa and every year there is a weekend to remember him becuase he got his musical start there. On September of 2011, my boyfriend from Austin and I met there for the weekend, and being immersed in activities all day Saturday, we did not want to drive home late at night. The AmericInn was so nice. It was new, clean, comfortable, with an indoor pool, hot tub, and a good breakfast the next morning. We had a bit of trouble finding some condiments in the breakfast area, like syrup, cups of waffle mix etc. We had to ask for a couple of things. But the staff is very helpful and accomodated us quickly when we asked. And Texas friendly as you might expect!! Our room had a small balcony outside and I used some time there to sit out and play my guitar. One other note. I left my pillow there by accident. When I called they had it and kept it til I could come back for it. Most hotels have things "disappear into an unknown abyss, never to be seen again and if you call about it, no one knows what happened to it nor do they really care. If I do need to stay on a rare occasion (since I do live close by) I would love to do it again. It was really great!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irish4love

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! We thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey! If you come back for the Annual Woody Guthrie event we would love to serve you once again!

Reviewed July 25, 2011

My husband was in the hospital and I needed a place to stay for several nights. Everyplace was booked. AmericInn put me on their list to call if they had a cancellation, which they did. They were so pleasant on the telephone. I had never stayed at this hotel before and the experience was a very positive one. The room was so eye appealing when I opened the door. The western decor was done tastefully , the room was very quiet as well as spotless. The small breakfast area was done in the same western theme with waffles in the shape of Texas. The lobby was attractive as well. Felt more like a lodge. Personnel were very friendly. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank sandra56446

We are glad we had the chance to serve you during your stay in Pampa! We hope to have the chance to serve you again if you are ever in the area! Thanks again for the great comments!

Reviewed June 16, 2011

My favorite place to stay in West Texas! The rooms are quiet, spacious and extremely clean. The staff is very friendly and accomadating and the self serve breakfast is excellent quality.This property is a great value for the business and leisure traveler.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2009

After a steady road diet of Best Westerns, Holiday Inn Express, and their cookie-cutter identical twins , this small chain was a delight. My king standard room was immaculate and well furnishe with a comfortable bed, large (but not flat screen)TV, and a reasonably comfy chair with ottoman. I always turn on the fan to drown out noise from the street and adjoining rooms, There was no adjustment to keep the fan on in this room, which concerned me until I realized the room was dead quiet even when the fan was not running. This despite the fact that Pampa is a train town, with no place out of the range of train whistles--except here. The front desk was friendly, the lobby comfortable, and the breakfast ok, but not great. I have found a new favorite place to stay, and have booked a room in Ft Collins, Co. with a fireplace and hot tub!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank pdog93
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Spent 5 nights in this EXTRA NICE hotel!!! Excellent help your self breakfast -- Our room was VERY CLEAN and since it is non smoking -- was a pleasure to be in !!! VERY FRIENDLY staff - This hotel will be our choice when we return to Pampa. .

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2007

Stayed one Sunday night here on a trip from Nevada to Oklahoma. Hotel is very good, and good value for money. We spent the extra to get a suite - big double bedroom, bathroom and a separate living area with a sofa bed.

Nice indoor swimming pool and games area. No restaurant, but it is on the main road heading north out of town, and there are lots of fast food places nearby.

The railroad runs through the centre of Pampa and trains are every fifteen minutes or so. One strong plus for this place is that the soundproofing is pretty good, so you can still get a decent night's sleep. Fairly basic buffet breakfast - cereals, juice, toast etc in the morning. Unlikely to ever be in Pampa again, but I would choose this if I were.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family