“No room, even with prepaid reservation”

Best Western Palestine Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Palestine
Dallas, Texas, United States
“No room, even with prepaid reservation”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We went to Palestine for a weekend trip and had reserved a room with Hotels.com. We specifically called the hotel property in advance to review their pet rules. We were assured it was a pet friendly hotel, and were set to go.

When we arrived the hostess was checking us in, but then her manager took over and started making a major issue about our dog. He took forever to review his inventory, and at the end we ended up walking out, since he was being so unreasonable. There was another major event in the city and most of the hotels were completely sold out. It was clear he wanted to resell the room at rack rate.

Luckily Hotels.com canceled this reservation for us, and we were able to find another place (after dozens of frantic calls).

I would never go back to this place nor recommend it. The manager was completely unreasonable and unethical.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
bwpalestine, Manager at Best Western Palestine Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Motorcycle_Tourist_5,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent cancelled reservation for our property.

Upon check in, you had mentioned you have a dog and when we reviewed the reservation that came through www.hotels.com there was no mention of a pet not even in the special request column. As a limited number of rooms are designated as pet friendly rooms we need advanced notice for special room assignment. As you stated in your comment “there was another major event in the city and most of the hotels were completely sold out” so were we. In spite of the major shuffling of many rooms and most big group blocks, I was in process of locating the pet friendly room for you, at this time you decided to walk out of the hotel lobby. After I had allocated a pet friendly room to your reservation, we waited for you to come back to check in. After a few minutes had gone by, I called www.hotels.com to locate your phone number that is when I was informed that you have cancelled the reservation. Unfortunately, I did not have your contact phone number on file and was unable to contact you.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again, so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 903-723-4655.

Manager
BEST WESTERN Palestine Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel was clean, the owners were very nice, and the beds were comfortable. We were in town for a funeral and arrived at around 6pm. We ended up in a room that had a broken lock, so we couldn't lock the door. We called the front desk, they came by right away. While figuring out what to do, the owner actually offered to stay in our room and babysit our belongings while we went to dinner or anywhere we needed to go. Turns out they didn't need to because they were able to move us quickly to another room. They offer a free hot breakfast which is very tasty. Overall it was one of the best hotels I've stayed in. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
bwpalestine, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Palestine Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and for the kind review!

I am glad that your stay was a complete satisfaction. We take immense pride in being recommended by you. I appreciate you taking the time to admire our staff who provided excellent hospitality during your stay.
Okc, Ok
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Three of us went on a motorcycle trip and this was our first stay. Very clean and very quiet room. The staff were very nice and helpful with a great place to eat. The free breakfast at the diner next door was very good and the waitress was a hoot. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing us as your destination in Palestine. We really appreciate that you took time out of your busy schedule to write a review. We hope to see you soon and I will pass along the compliments to everyone that made your stay a success.
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean, quiet and the AC worked well. I do not watch TV but clicked it on. It had a clear picture and lots of chanels. There was a free breakfast at the cafe next door, but I did not partake if it. I did appreciate that the nice lady at the front desk called me shortly after I got to the room to make sure I was satisfied with my accommodations. I will stay there again next time I get to Palestine.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking time out to review our property and for choosing us at the Palestine Inn. Your kind words help us to strive harder everyday to be the best we can be. Hope to see you on your next trip to Palestine.
Humble, Texas
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The management and staff at this motel went over the top to show us a very warm welcome. The management and staff were very cordual and looked after our needs as they came up. My personnel thanks to the manager for his thoughtfulness and his help. We had a great time and he went above and beound our expectations. The rooms were great and the food in the morning was fine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. I will defiantly pass along your compliments to the Manager and Staff. Your comments really put a smile on our faces and help us do what we do best. Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Fabulous place! We stayed here with a huge group and we had a blast there...the manager and his wife we out of sight! They actually were the icing on the cake the whole time...whatever we needed, they took care of it, laughed and had fun with us, truly made the weekend! Rooms are great and clean with lots of room. You rock!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. Your kind words will put a pep in our step. Your words are a true inspiration as they are exactly what we strive for everyday. We hope to see you and everyone that was apart of your group very soon.
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Clean rooms with very good beds. Great breakfast in the morning. Host was very friendly and gracious. Could use an upgrade on bath towels but no big deal. the location is convenient to dining and access to major roads.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple