“Nice and Relaxing”

Reviewed November 22, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very satisfactory We have stayed in this same motel for several years. The management has always been very accomadating. We enjoyed the breakfast in the resturant close to the motel. The meal is not as good as previous night in Joplin, Mo where we got a breakfast buffet

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
bwpalestine, Manager at Best Western Palestine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

We are very glad that you enjoyed the stay at the Best Western Palestine Inn !!! We hope to see you on your next trip to Palestine. We hope to be your home away from every time you visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband had heard some good reviews, so we decided to check it out. The room was somewhat clean, but you can tell the buidling was old. The not so good items I experienced was that the iron was attached to the iron boarding...I'm guessing so no one will steal a $9 old used up iron, to say the least ironing was difficult! Then, the iron board did not stand up, so i tried ironing on the table and the iron started spitting out a white mess. Called the front desk and they brought me another iron board, which again the iron was attached. Again, the iron started spitting out white stuff, so I gave up and we left with wrinkled clothes on. Another area that i found not good, was the towels were as hard as a rock! Basically, take your own iron (or iron before you get there) and take your own soft towels. The owners could spend just a little more to provide a working iron and soft towels.

Room Tip: I noticed that there was a Holiday Inn Express a few miles up the road, I'd look into these pric...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Palestine Inn. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My son and his family moved to Palestine about 18 mos ago and this was the first trip I had taken to see them. I stayed at the Inn for 8 nights with my daughter and her 6 mos. old son. I cannot express how pleased we were by our stay. The staff was very helpful, the room was immaculate when we arrived and housekeeping checked in every day, we were never without anything we might need. The beds were SO comfortable and the property itself was beautifully maintained and quiet. The free Wi-Fi was a big help in allowing us to post pictures for other family members back home in NH. Breakfast at the little cafe was great, friendly service, much better than the cold continental breakfast offered at other places. I would recommend The Best Western Palestine Inn very highly. When I next visit my son and his family this is where I wish to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

We are so happy that you had a successful stay at the Best Western Palestine Inn. The entire staff was excited to hear the service they were able to give to you and that you really enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you on your next trip to our town.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had to travel to Palestine for a funeral. The staff was very helpful and provided my family with adjoining rooms. We were able to visit and console each other without leaving the room! The property was the cleanest and most well maintained we have stayed in to date. The breakfast exceeded our expectations and was much more enjoyable than the continental breakfast we have been provided in the past.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you need and they will make sure you get it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My son and daughter-in-law recently purchased a home in Palestine, Texas, but had quite a few repairs to make prior to moving in. Therefore, we spent a number of days working on the house and staying at the Palestine Inn. It was quiet, extremely comfortable, and very clean. Staff was excellent.

Although old, the facility has been completely renovated, and can easily challenge the best of the chain hotels in comfort and amenities. And the price was the most reasonable I've seen in years!!!

All I can say is "WOW," and "THANKS!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel is fairly old as per what the front desk person said. But if i was not told this property was so old there was no way i would have figured it out. I felt as if i was staying in a brand new property with all the luxuries of a brand new hotel. They even had a huge LCD that you only see in new hotels. The rooms where very clean and tidy and the staff was very helpful when i asked for directions or recommendation for a place to eat. If I was ever to come back to Palestine i will indefinitely be coming back. And if my friends are ever coming to this town they will get 2 thumbs up from me for this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple