“Great Place for ALL”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Palestine, Texas
“Great Place for ALL”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Per Gary R. Review he is not talking about Don Mario's (use to be Don Jose's) in Palestine!!!! It is another restaurant in Arlington!!!! Please specify your location!!

Visited September 2012

Rendon, Texas, United States
“Good Food; Worst wait staff/Management ever.”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We have been twice.The first time the waiter was not attentive at all.He forget things continually and never brought all of what we asked for.The second time we went,The waiter was rude disruptive, confrontational and the manager(David)had no idea how to handle the situation.This all went on for about 20 minutes.The other patrons where ALL witness to the rudeness of the waiter,who asked me to" go outside and settle this."The manager informed me he advised the waiter to stay away from our table.A few minutes later he walked by with a smirk smile at me. I asked if he wanted to say something to me and that's when he asked if I wanted to go outside and settle this.I have never seen or heard anything like this in my life.This was very much verbal harassment.I am going to pursue this issue with the owner asap.Once again this is just a small amount of what transpired,and i will be posting more as this situation is dealt with.The waiters name was Jacob.

• Visited September 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“We found Don Mario's to be a good stop”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Traveling from Shreveport to Austin along US 79 we stopped at this restaurant on a Sunday afternoon and found it crowded with what appeared to be churchgoing families. We split a chicken quesadilla appetizer and one of us had a Mexican dinner and the other a steak dinner. The quantity and quality of the food was enough to cause us to stop on the way back the following Wednesday afternoon when we basically reversed the meals we tried on Sunday. I had the steak this time. It was a great sirloin and had to come in over 8 oz. which was the weight described on the menu. On Sunday I was looking at the pictures of Zapata and Pancho Villa on the walls after lunch, recognized Pancho Villa and asked the waiter about the other one. He gave me a brief history lesson regarding the exploits of both.

When we left the restaurant the following Wednesday afternoon I felt like a bandito since the two dinners we had were under $24 total.

I think they serve very good food at a reasonable price.

• Visited July 2012
Austin, Texas
“Good Charro Beans”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

[This review is for Don Mario's in Palestine, TX - the name has recently changed from Don Jose's] The food here was very good. Not much atmosphere, but good service and home-made tortillas. The charro beans were fabulous!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Njoytravl
Palestine, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Mexican food and drinks”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

All food is great. The mahi and shrimp is great if you like a little different flair to mexican.

Visited March 2012