“Great Antique Store”

Oxbow Bakery & Antiques
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Palestine
Cuisines: American
Description: Phone is 903.723.5100. Recently featured in Texas Monthly Magazine, Discover East Texas Magazine and Texas Highways Magazine. Amazing homemade pies!
Tolar, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Antique Store”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

made several purchases ... the owner came out to talk to us ... very knowledgable and sweet ... her son was working the counter and was extremely helpful also - beautifully decorated - we took pictures of the outside front porch and the antique repurposed feed silos - all very nicely done . It is located across from the Pint and Barrel - also a feast for the ones and wonderful beer and food !

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dan G

Palestine, Texas, United States
“Best Cream Pies EVER!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

All the lunch items are delicious but the pies are truly the best you will ever taste! The shop is filled with antiques and collectibles - making this one of those places you will return to again & again for a wonderful lunch and shopping for vintage treasures!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Dana S
Palestine, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pie Heaven”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Do not leave Palestine without visiting Oxbow Bakery & Antiques! in Historic Old Town Palestine you will find a perfect little pie shop nestled in an antique parlor capable of transporting your senses to a state of euphoria. Oxbow Bakery & Antiques is serving up hearty lunches and heavenly pies, with a side of nostalgia. And what could be better than having lunch and/or pie in an antique shop?
I have never had anything at Oxbow Bakery that I didn't love! From soups to sandwiches, David & Becky know their stuff, and they are always smiling.
If you're lucky there might be a piece of pineapple pie in the pie case or red velvet cake on the counter. If so, prepare your tastebuds for something amazing! Buy a slice or the whole pie!
I bring my out of town guests to Oxbow, as well as my family, and friends.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank DGETX
Fort Worth, Texas
“What a treat!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife ordered a slice of the buttermilk pecan pie, the first buttermilk pecan pie either of us had encountered, and it was superb. My pie was banana topped with blueberries, and it was excellent. We took brownies with us, and they were delicious three days later. Becky told us the pecan pies were generally the best seller, and I regret that we did not take a pecan pie home with us. That morning they hand filled wedding reception orders to 30 and then 20 pies. The Oxbow Bakery is well appointed with antiques, the mini antique mall in a side room was fun to peruse. Did realize there was an Old Town Palestine. We will return when in the area!

• Visited November 2013
USA
“Great taste for an afternoon pie”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I purchased a slice of chocolate pecan pie as recommended on trip advisor, I really enjoyed it and do not regret I got it.
Very cute store and prices for deserts are reasonable.