“Handyman dream”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Palestine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 30, 2006

When I arrived with a business associate, the first thing I noticed was a sign posted at the entrance "park at your own risk". The lady at the front desk was apparently disturbed she had to put down her book to check in the 3 travellers who arrived at approximately 8 PM. She did not say a word other than to ask for my name, she processed my info and pushed the key at me without a word. She also treated the other 2 male guests the same way even though we had entered with a smile and a friendly "hello".

I checked into my room, turned on the bathroom sink to find my feet were getting damp due to the leaking pipes underneath the sink, the toilet also leaked. As I was climbing into bed, I pulled the sheets back on the bed and still can not figure out how the headboard fell off of the wall (along with screws and chunks of drywall). The phone did not work for me to call the front desk to get a wake up call or to notify the staff of the issues with my room.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

We try very diligently to monitor all the events in the hotel. These comments are not indicative of the general attitude and devotion to attention that our guests receive. The proper actions are expected and attempted at all times. I remain open to all comments and will strive to make each and every stay representative of proper "East Texas Hospitality". Look forward to hosting you in the future. Carroll Sigman, Ggenral Manager

Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed December 24, 2005

The staff is wonderful. The room was clean. The morning breakfast bar was fresh with ample choices to eat. No complaints here. This is the only place I will stay on my visits to Palestine.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Charleston, MO
Reviewed January 6, 2004

Upon our arrival into Palestine, I needed directions to the motel. I called them and Rick gave me precise, accurate directions. From there it only got better. The staff is outgoing, warm, and friendly. The room was immaculate. The breakfast bar was well stocked and tasty. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palestine
Hampton Inn & Suites Palestine
Motel 6 Palestine
Motel 6 Palestine
#7 of 10 in Palestine
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Palestine? Share your experiences!