“Wonderful stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was here for 3 nights for business. Customer service is excellent. Front desk staff remember guests and really do strive to make your stay great! Room was clean, bed comfortable. Great location. Quiet, slept well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind words of praise. The hotel strives to accommodate all guests stay in true East Texas Hospitality fashion. Please recommend us to your guests and we hope to see you again soon. Check us out on FaceBook for the latest in packages and discounts. Thank you again for your wonderful comments. Carroll Sigman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Alvin, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had to be in Palestine, Texas for an upcoming wedding. Our kids were coming from WI and we live here in Texas. They were driving all night to get to Palestine with two babies, one 2 year old and one 5 month old. When I made our reservations I had asked what we could do, Mona the staff member handling the reservation said that she would do all that she could when they arrived if it was before check in. Mona did as she promised they arrives at 7 Am that morning and by 9 AM they were napping in their rooms. I know that this was up and beyond the call of service. I do not know of any other Hotel in my 33 years of marriage that has ever gone up and beyond the call of service we were always told no you have to wait until check in. They took such great care of us the whole weekend that we where there. The staff was the best I had ever seen in all the years I have traveled to stay in Hotels....even the house keeping was wonderful....they all pitched in to help. Thank you all at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, Texas

Room Tip: We were right by the office and it was a bit noise from time to time....but not so bad that we could...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind appraisal. We strive to show all our guests the true meaning East Texas Hospitality. Mona and the rest of the staff always have the guest best interest at heart. We hope you are staying with us again soon. We have many wonderful events to entertain all types of individual tastes. Please allow us to continue to serve you and your family. Thank you so much for the praise. Carroll Sigman, General Manager
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My only concern is the free breakfast. The lady hosting it was friendly & helpful, but the food was average. No fresh waffle, pancake, eggs, or bacon!! The omelette half moon eggs are nasty. A hotel with the staff and facility that's great deserves a decent meal. All I had was the coffee. Denny's opens down the street, raise the bar!! Otherwise this place is great!

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We strive to make all our guest's stay comfortable and welcome.

Holiday Inn requires that all the breakfast items be consistant with their Brand Standards. They prescribe the items and allow no deviation from them. There are no waffles available, other than the individual packages, due to Holiday Inn Standards and sanitation issues. We offer a new Pancake Machine that is totally self-contained and hygenic. I hope you will return to our area soon and look forward to serving you again in your Hotel needs.

Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were in Palestine for a wedding over Memorial Day weekend. We were some of the first guests to arrive. We came in on Friday night (along with one other family). The rest of the bridal party and guests came in on Saturday. I'm guessing there were no less than 20 rooms for this wedding being reserved. The rooms were preassigned before we got there. I know this because as soon as I said my name, the front desk guy handed me a room key. I took one step into our room (non-smoking) and the smell of cigarette smoke hit me. I'm kind of allergic to it. It stops me up and I feel terrible. I called down to the front desk to see if they could get me a different room but I was told there were no more rooms available. I think they just didn't want to go to the trouble of reassigning rooms. There was no way there were no other rooms available. They offered to bring me some room air spray. So, with no choice, we unpacked and tried to make the best of it. Our no-smoking room was surrounded by smoking rooms. Go figure. Bad placement. The smoke in the hall way was too much! So about 10:15 pm I pull the sheets back to sit in the bed only to find hair and stained sheets. GROSS!!! The lady at the front desk came herself to change the sheets and apologized about a million times. I felt sorry for her (not her fault) and helped her to get the sheets changed. The people working there were really very nice. The breakfast was nice. It all just started off wrong. I couldn't decide on whether to rate this average or poor. Cigarette smoke and dirty sheets certainly make it POOR, but the help (except for the guy that checked us in) were extremely nice and tried hard to make things better. That is the reason I gave them an AVERAGE rating.

Room Tip: If you want definite no-smoking, ask for a room on the second floor. Wish I had known. :(
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
We regret your experience during your stay. We were sold out for that period and the rooms were assigned by the hotel based on availability and location to wedding party. We strive to accomodate all guests and make every effort to make their stay a memorable one. Please accept our apology and allow us to show you East Texas Hospitality on your next visit.

There are smoking rooms available in all areas (floors) of the hotel. As there are only five rooms that are allowed as smoking, there are many "smoke free" zones to satisfy the guest. Once again please accept our apology and offer to do better in the future.
Rockwall
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My daughter was married in the Palestine area, we made all room reservation at the this hotel. The staff went above and beyond to accomodate everyone and was willing to take some items home and bring them back the next day for us. We have traveled and have stayed at various hotels throught the world, never have we been treated as well as we were at this Holiday Day Inn Express. Thanks to Mona, Mike, and Celeiste.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind response and praise. We are always pleased to meet new friends and assist in any way possible. You wedding was a tremendous activity and a benefit to us. Thank you so much again. Please feel free to return and take further advantage of our East Texas Hospitality.
texas
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We attended a wedding in Palestine and the hotel was picked by the bride. We could not have been happier with the choice. The staff was so friendly and helpful and made us feel like family. The rooms were lovely and spacious with a sitting area for visiting . The pool area was far superior to most hotels with plenty of sitting area and tables for the many family members to enjoy.Having a excellent complimentary breakfast available was such a help to everyone. All in all it was a very pleasant experience and we would happily stay there again .

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank uvalde
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. We strive to give our guests theutmost in East Texas Hospitality. I will share your response with my staff. They will also use the response to see what else we could do to improve. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we haope to see you again in the future. Carroll Sigman General Manager
Palestine, Texas
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed at Holiday Inn Express for a night and it was great. The staff were very nice. I arrived an hour before check in and there was no problem at all. So smooth and easy. I had my kids with me and every time we went through their lobby they touched the water fountain. Every staff member laughed and said it was not a problem. I was more annoyed than they were

At night I forgot milk for my 1 year old and I went down stairs to see if I could buy some from their store and the manager at the front desk told me to take some from the breakfast area and he gave my kids free cookies. I was so impressed (and the fresh cookies were AWESOME)

The free breakfast was great with lost of variety. I wanted some fruit and all they had was a banana but with all the other selections I can understand why they didn't have it....where would they but it? They had pancakes to order, hot cinnamon rolls, cereal (4 kinds), oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, bananas, toast, bagels, muffins, french toast, waffles, orange juice, apple juice, milk (fat free, 2%), several other kinds of juice i forget, french roast coffee, decaf coffee, and regular coffee. There was just so much to choose from I was shocked. The breakfast area looks little, but there was plenty of space. It was great!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
holidayexp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palestine, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your awesome review. We were pleased to host your visit in Palestine. My Front Desk Agents commented daily on your beautiful children and look forward to seeing you all again soon. They were very special and well-behaved.

We take great pride in our facility and often find that we are our own worst critics. We need the positive input you provided to maintain a balanced approach to running our Hotel. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palestine
La Quinta Inn & Suites Palestine
Motel 6 Palestine
Motel 6 Palestine
#7 of 10 in Palestine
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Palestine? Share your experiences!