“Business Stay”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Palestine
Houston, Texas
“Business Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

The stay and experience while in Palestine was excellent. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The room was always clean in a timely fashion. I was always greeted with a smile and kind courteous words. I would strongly suggest to anyone visiting this city make the Hampton their home away from home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AlexPatel1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palestine, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We would like to thank you for sharing these wonderful comments about your stay with other travelers. We are very pleased to receive such a positive feedback. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best not only to maintain the quality of the service we provide, but also to go beyond our guests’ expectations. We hope to see you again when your business travel brings you to Palestine, Texas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Mesquite, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Overall, a pretty good hotel for the money. The mattress was rather poor, however. My back was hurting after a couple of nights. The breakfast served was pretty good and the dinner served on Wednesday was catered from El Toro (a local Mexican restaurant).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how concerned we are the about the comfort of the mattress in your guestroom during your stay with the Hampton Inn & Suites Palestine, Texas.

I will get with out housekeeping department to make sure we are maintaining a proper mattress rotation schedule so the wear is even in all sides. I hope this was issue with our beds, because our cloud nine bedding is famous for excellent sleep quality.

Rest assured that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken.
Amarillo, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

The young lady at the front desk was extremely helpful. We came in about 1130 pm from working all day in a plant. Amanda was very nice, polite and processed us into our rooms very quickly. Her actions were very professional but had a very "welcome home" feeling for the night. Thanks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Palestine area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

While the overall cleanliness and amenities of the hotel are a bargain for the price range, the guest service is disappointing. Staying there weekly over a period of months, I'm disappointed by the apathy of the front desk staff, particularly during the daytime hours. Frequently, there is no one at the desk and no way to summon anyone to help you until they opt to come out. Once, the clerk with the piercings in her face sat in the breakfast room talking to someone (who appeared to be more of a personal acquaintance rather than a hotel guest) while I waited at the desk. The apathetic responses to routine questions posed to this clerk has also soured me on the staff in general. Every time I call to book a reservation, the staff act as if it's an inconvenience to them and they act as if they've never heard of me despite the fact that I stay there weekly. When I inquired about my hhilton honors points I was told that they couldn't help me and that I needed to check online or call the company myself-so much for perqs!

Lately, the maintenance has been lacking as well. From water leaking through the roof in various king suites on the fourth floor (requiring a room change) to broken desk chairs, broken light fixtures, and broken toilets.

A good hotel overall but there is considerable room for improvement in both the guest service and maintenance areas.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AlexPatel1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palestine, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how concerned we are about your stay just being average during your stay with the Hampton Inn & Suites Palestine, Texas. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one, but, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your stay. I want to personally apologize we failed to deliver on our service and your experience. I have spoken to the front desk agent who checked you in, as well as everyone on staff about their professionalism and their attitude towards our valued guests. The next few weeks we will be focusing on customer service training. I take full responsibility for my staff not being able to turn your average stay into an outstanding stay. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority. You can be confident that such an issue is rare, and that I will continue to follow-up with our staff so that others are not disappointed as you were. Again, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Palestine.

We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. We want to re-demonstrate our commitment to your comfort next time you’re in Palestine, Texas.
Longview, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The staff were particularly friendly. Very good selection at the free breakfast buffet. Very clean rooms and excellent cleaning service. TVs not only in the room, but by the elevators and in the breakfast area. The walls were a bit thin, but I have stayed in other hotels Palestine where I found the same to be true. The staff are what really make your stay enjoyable. I find at most hotels that that some staff are friendlier than others. Here, however, all were not only friendly, but outgoing, attentive, and dedicated to their work.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road tend to have slightly better wifi signal. Wifi signal was a bit weak on the ba...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AlexPatel1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palestine, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share about your recent stay! We aim to go above and beyond in our service and accomodations, so it is great to hear that you were impressed with the staff at our hotel. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed here with my kids for a quick overnight. The employees were extremely polite and helpful and the rooms are very clean. I did not have time to plan ahead, so the cost was a little higher than I expected, but I don't mind the cost for good service and clean rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experiences at the Hampton Inn & Suites Palestine, Texas with the Trip Advisor community. Our staff was glad to hear all of wonderful things you had to say! It is great to hear that we were able to provide your travel with service you can trust.
Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Perfect in every way...the staff, the room, the overall comfort. Would not consider staying anywhere else in Palestine. I consider myself very picky about cleanliness and professionalism. Better than expected in all areas.

Room Tip: Ask for room on back side of building due to highway noise. Not hirrible but was noticeable.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback about our hotel. We strive to provide excellent and friendly customer service. It is our hope that our guests feel comfortable for their stay with us. Comments like yours are great morale boosters and remind us why we are in the hospitality business. I will pass this on to our staff. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Palestine.