“very nice stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Palestine
WI
“very nice stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stopped in for a night and couldn't get farther due to winter weather in North Texas so ended up being there for 2 nights. Easy location, and a Walmart maybe half a mile away, plenty of grassy area for my Chihuahuas and heavenly beds! Clean & Modern, a minor issue the first night the clerk told me breakfast was until 10am, but when I went down at 9:28 according to the room clock it was packed away, I have a feeling she may have been confused about what day of the week it was, the next day was a Saturday and I made it to breakfast which was super nice, 2 meats, 2 eggs, waffles and lots of other stuff. I didn't like that the fan in the room couldn't be turned off, its right behind the desk so its constantly blowing on you, with that said, I am at another LaQuinta tonight as I type, the fan is behind the desk and blowing on me, it is so annoying...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank WiAng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We are doing a road trip and have stayed at La Quinta several times as we move through the South on our way to New Mexico. Our latest stay is in Palestine, Texas. Tomorrow we'll be in Austin at the La Quinta near the state capital. Here in Palestine, Texas we were given a great dinner recommendation, and even help with a computer problem. This La Quinta is on a highway but is fairly quiet and it has amenities like laundry, etc. Thanks to Selina, our host, for all her help.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back overlook woods and are VERY quiet. I also appreciate that we could crack the windo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Palestine, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

I have encountered an amazing experience with my 3 days stay at the LaQuinta Inn. The establishment was very clean and the breakfast was superb and to top it off the front desk clerk was awesome and very attentive to me and my family needs. She made sure we had everything and for that I would like to thank her. For anyone who is interested in traveling and finding a great stay and experience in the near future this is the place you want to be. Selina was her name.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tomball, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

My family and I stayed only one night, however the one night was wonderful. First off they allowed us to bring our family pet which saved us time and money not having to board her. The hotel was clean and fresh. The front desk employee, Selina, was fantastic to deal with. She was very attuned to our needs including making sure our pet was taken care of. She made sure that we had everything we needed and assured us if we needed anything that she would personally make sure it was taken care of. The rooms were spacious and clean. No foul smells or odors. The beds were very comfortable and were clean as well. The continental breakfast was great and worked well with our children. However the dining area could stand to be a little bigger as there was not enough room for us to sit and eat. Overall this was a great experience and one that will definitely be repeated.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband & I came from out of town to Palestine last min for a marriage conference at a local church & needed a place to stay at around 10:30 pm. Spoke with Selina on the phone who offered me a great price for a short night stay. Tabatha checked us in with my state employee discount & points for my southwest air visa. They were very friendly & attentive. We are so grateful for the hospitality!

• Stayed November 2013
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Staff professional and friendly. Room was clean, smelled good, and mattress comfortable. Furnishings new and in good condition. Hotel was quiet and I slept well. Breakfast was very good! The only negative thing was they need to replace worn bedspreads and flat pillow (pillows on one bed were very flat but pillows on the other bed were okay). However, I will return to this hotel. Overall very satisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Yorkshire, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

A bright and clean hotel. Very well maintained with friendly management and an excellent breakfast. A little difficult to get to travelling from the east but a hotel which does not disappoint. No eating places close by.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple