“This place ruined a Polar Express train ride trip!”

Express Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Palestine
Houston, Texas
“This place ruined a Polar Express train ride trip!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My two grandsons (ages 7 & 3) , my mother and myself stayed at this "place" . The beds & pillows were horrible. The room itself wasn't spotless clean and the paint on the ceiling was peeling off in huge pieces. The next morning @ 8:20 we went down to eat their free breakfast, which ended at 9:00am. There were six tables of parents w/children eating. After waiting our turn to cook our waffles and preparing my grandsons plates I barely had sat down with my own plate and here comes the hotel worker w/empty containers packing up the food. There were still at least five tables of the parents eating, trying to politely wait their turns to use the waffle iron and microwave. My watch said it was 9:02. That was RUDE. The purpose of this trip was to take my grandsons to ride the Polar Express train, which they enjoyed, but I have to say this place and their actions were very DISAPPOINTING......I won't go back and I will tell everyone how crappy this place is.

Room Tip: I wish I had stayed next door at the Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy C
EXPRESSINN, Owner at Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Nancy, I am deeply sorry to hear about the negative experience that you had at our hotel this past weekend. Having spoke to you personally on Sunday I have made the necessary changes to make sure each guest has access to the Hot Breakfast. Even though breakfast is from 6am - 9am, I have instructed the breakfast attendants during high occupancy weekends they need to ask guests in the dining room if they would like to get any additional items from the breakfast buffet area; before closing it. This should make sure that your experience during breakfast this past Sunday is not repeated.

Many guests rave about our bedding and especially the Pillowtop mattresses. The housekeeping department prides themselves on providing clean rooms. I have spoke to the head housekeeper about your comments and she was disappointed.

Once again I am sorry and I appreciate your comments about your experience.

Tim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Metro Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was the worst place I've stayed in over 15 years. It's on travel sites as 2 1/2 stars but it's a total dive.

It's worse than Motel 6. It stinks! Their excuse for breakfast is laughable. Terrible eggs, undercooked sausage. They are too cheap to serve orange juice they served some watery concotion (might have been Tang), coffee was terrible.

The bed was rock hard, the room was musty and the bathroom looked lik eno one had scrubbed the tile since the 1960's. NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!!!!

There's weeds all around the motel on the outside where you can drive up to the room door. Just flat out NASTY!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't book at this MOTEL. It's not worth the $45-70 a night they charge!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kyra V
EXPRESSINN, Owner at Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
I am very disappointed to read such a negative review about the hotel. The front desk did notify me that they had given you two warnings about the noise level coming from your room. As a last resort, I had to force you to check out because of the multiple warnings about noise which were not rectified. The hotel strives to provide a quite and safe environment for all of its valued guests.

Our hotel is independently inspected and rated from one of the most oldest companies in the travel industry; AAA has approved and recommends the hotel at the 2.5 star ranking.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The staff was very helpful and we enjoyed our stay We didn't have to worry about anything at all. And the beds were very comfortable. The flat screen tv's were an added touched. We usually run out of towels at other hotels, but here that was not an issue at all. The facilities were really nice. All of our events went off without a hitch. The large kitchen was such a help considering it was our family reunion. We will definitely request to book these facilities next year for our family reunion. All we can say is thank you,thank you,and thank you for your generous hospitality. Their is nothing I can say or do to have asked for more regarding your service. Once again thank you very much.

• Stayed August 2013
EXPRESSINN, Owner at Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing to have your family reunion at our hotel and banquet facilities. Our banquet facilities easily accommodated your 130 family members who attended the two day event. Our large staff was able to clean and maintain the banquet facilities for all three of your events this weekend. As the owner I pride myself in providing banquet facilities which are cleaned and ready for each event in a timely manner.

Most of the guests that came in for the reunion did stay at the hotel. The 42" LCD televisions are the newest room amenity we recently added. We look forward to being able to take care of your family next year.
Boerne
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This isn't a five star hotel but for the price it is a 5 star value. The rooms are spacious and clean. We had a sofa, microwave and mini refrigerator in our room which came in handy during our stay. Nice salt water pool. Breakfast was good with hot eggs, biscuits and gravy as well as fruit, cereal and waffles. The customer service was excellent and all requests were quickly handled. I will gladly stay there next time I return to Palestine

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
EXPRESSINN, Owner at Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I am very happy to read all of the positive comments that you posted on Tripadvisor. Express Inn & Suites has recently installed 42 inch LCD televisions. The hotel offers the largest televisions, salt water pool and hot breakfast in Palestine. All of the employees look forward to seeing you when you come back to Palestine.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've stayed here every time I come to Palestine. But this time my reservation was unpredictable but timed. We came for the arrival of my third grandson, Jeremy was great to work with me with a window of days on either side. As it turned out we arrived two days early and they had a room waiting for me and then on my scheduled arrival date they switched me to the original King room I reserved. Abel did a great job getting me all checked in the middle of the night after a very long unexpected drive. Both gentlemen and the owner do a wonderful job making sure their guests are well taken care of.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
EXPRESSINN, Owner at Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
All of the staff at Express Inn & Suites appreciate the repeat business that you bring to the hotel. When guests repeatedly choose to stay at my hotel, it shows that the employees are treating our valued guests with true Southern Hospitality.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with Tripadvisor.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We held our school reunion in their banquet hall. They were so kind and helpful. Had over 200 people each night. They set up, cleaned up, kept it cool, and gave us a lot of value for our money . So glad we chose them as our reunion venue. Great free breakfast, pool, clean cool rooms, mini fridge and microwave in each room.
Perfect for our out of town reunion guest.

• Stayed June 2013
EXPRESSINN, Owner at Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
The housekeeping and maintenance staff take great pride in keeping the hotel clean and accommodating. Maria has been the head housekeeper at the hotel for four years and she is the one who was cleaning and preparing the banquet room for your event. Maria was very happy to hear all of the positive remarks you left about her housekeeping department.
Tyler, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I recently spent the weekend here for a high school reunion and was impressed by the service of the staff. Special thanks to Jeremy the front desk clerk for going above and beyond to make our stay wonderful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
EXPRESSINN, Owner at Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I appreciate the Neches High School reunion for choosing our hotel and banquet facilities this past weekend. The banquet events went seamlessly both Friday and Saturday. Jeremy has been with the hotel a long time and worked the day shifts all weekend long. He checked in all of your 25 rooms and helped tremendously in fulfilling all of your needs for the banquet event. He was very happy to hear your positive comments and we all look forward to seeing you in the future.