“Fantastic, "hole in the wall" barbeque”
Review of Wagon Wheel BBQ

Wagon Wheel BBQ
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Ozona
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Old-fashioned Texas BBQ, home-made bread, cobbler, side orders, iced tea brewed fresh daily, down-home atmosphere, indoor/outdoor dining, free wi-fi.
Austin, Texas
“Fantastic, "hole in the wall" barbeque”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

During a recent trip to Big Bend National Park, we found ourselves in the middle of no where on I-10 at lunch time. Based on Tripadvisor reviews, we detoured a mile south of I-10 in Ozona to try the Wagon Wheel BBQ. The hardest part is finding the place, as it is in an old converted gas station with limited signage. But don't let the "hole in the wall" location deter you...the BBQ was fantastic. We sampled the brisket, sausage, ribs as well as cole slaw, bean, and potatoe salad sides and everything was wonderful. In addition, they serve home baked desserts and we had the outstanding peach cobbler. This is all provided in a very plain and homey environment by the wonderful family oriented proprietors who were very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend you take the detour if you are near Ozona and hungry for some great BBQ.

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank rustycat83

“Best BBQ and Fixings!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Awesome food and service! Great hospitality! Love it! Wish they were a chain. Better than Dickie's! Loved the homemade bread and desert'a too!

4 Thank Vickie S
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Finally!! REAL BBQ in Texas!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were on a road trip, and part of the purpose was to partake in some of that famous Texas BBQ we've been hearing about...After several mediocre to disappointing meals, we finally found it in this totally "out of the way" and real "Hole in the Wall" kinda place! And by "out of the way" I mean Siri couldn't find it - so just FYI - if you use Siri, you won't find it!! And by "hole in the wall" I mean... well, you just have to see for yourself! The family was very kind and endearing, and the food was SUPERB!! They had REAL homemade cobbler - the brisket was amazing!! We LOVED it!! Hope we have a good reason to come through Ozona Tx again!!

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank Kelly M
“Great Barbecue!!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Got the Rib and Sausage plate, and let me tell you. "It was good" Wish I would have discovered this place a lil sooner. Will definitely be coming back.

4 Thank Invalid_Name
Killeen
“Lucky to have happened here by accident!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to eat in Ozona as we had been on the road for quite a while. We couldn't find the one listed on the GPS, so I stopped at this place not realizing it was a restaurant. What we discovered was BBQ to die for! I will stop here again the next time I in Ozona, Texas.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Countrynewsman

Been to Wagon Wheel BBQ? Share your experiences!