“Basic basic basic”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Ozona
Seattle, Washington
“Basic basic basic”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here on our way from Carlsbad, NM to Lafayette, LA and it was the only place we could get in town. The staff were all very friendly and helpful! The carpet in our room was rather dirty and under the beds needed some attention, but the rest of the room was pretty clean and we just wore our flip flops so it was alright. Our room had a balcony into the atrium/pool area. It was interesting... We were awakened early by a very loud flock of birds in the trees outside, but I guess you could call it a good thing, since we needed to get on the road and there's really nothing the management can do about them anyway! Good for a sleep and a shower, if you're not too picky.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hennygang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed here because it was half way in our two-day driving trip. The beautiful indoor spacious pool area is like a tropical jungle, with several wooden decks with tables and chairs. They had had a problem with the pool, wading pool, and hot tub and had just cleaned and refilled them. The pool was cold and the hot tub water was murky. The bed was hard and the carpet was filthy. I took a shower, walked around the room, and had to re-wash my feet! The tiled areas were equally dirty. A lot of their guests work construction or are drillers in the oil fields and I'm sure they don't take off their shoes before entering their rooms. The restaurant next door is a "greasy spoon" and their prices are outrageously high for the selections and quality. Their breakfast specials are tolerable. For dinner, go down the road to the "Sutton County Steakhouse" in Sonora, because there is nowhere else to eat in Ozona.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RoadrunnersNewMexico

Travelers are raving about these Ozona hotels

seguin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stay at this hotel whenever I get the chance.Yes, the rooms, while large & clean, are a little worn, & the bed isn't the most comfortable, but the pool area is worth it. The pool, jacuzzi, & children's pool are heated & sparkling, & the atrium that houses the pool area is truly wonderful. It's about 3 stories high (picture a giant greenhouse), full of huge tropical plants & trees, & warm even in the dead of winter. I spend most of my stay in the atrium, so even though the rooms need updating, & also need in-room refrigerators, the pool area makes it a very nice stay. This hotel has an enormous parking lot, & trucks are welcome to park there. In the summer I sleep with the AC on, the heat on in the winter anyway, so I don't hear them. You can always ask for a room away from that parking lot. The restaurant serves a great breakfast, but I wasn't impressed by the dinners there. Since there isn't much to do in Ozona anyway, this hotel is a kind of oasis, & I have recommended it to friends who were traveling through that area, & they like it too

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank beanieoo
houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

Stayed one night on cross country trip. Had handicapped room as that was all that was available on the first floor. Bath appeared to be well suited for handicapped. Large room with table, 2 chairs. Appeared clean but carpets had burns on them even though this was a non smoking room and furnishings had a "tired" air. Bed linens were satisfactory. No micro or frig, Continental breakfast. A 15% discount was given to an on site restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. Restaurant was reasonable with good sized portions. Mexican and American. Decent basic food. Located at a large gas station with many trucks in and out. Interesting was the enclosed pool atrium. We did not use it and were amazed to see it. Sliding doors from room entered a tropical oasis. Told it also has a sauna, whirlpool and childrens pool. Full of lush plants. If staying for more than one night this may be a draw for travelers in this area. Suggest getting a suite if staying longer.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2009

Hello & thank you in advance for your time. Earlier this year, we stayed at this hotel. The receptionist was QUITE nice. Unfortunately, I encountered the following:
The carpet in my room was so filthy the bottoms of our socks were almost black.
An 18-Wheeler parked just outside of our room and kept the engine running ALL NIGHT.
The bed was old and in poor shape.
The room, itself, was old and dark.
The bathroom was so dirty that we left the next morning without even showering

The charge on my credit card slips shows "Circle Bar Motel"; was this really a Super 8?

In my 30+ yrs of travel I've never stayed at a hotel that was in such poor shape. That's too bad, because my current travels require another stay in the Ozona area. This experience has put such a bad taste in my mouth that I doubt I can trust any other Super 8 for my travel needs. Should I?

Please let me know if this is the 'norm' with regard to any and all Super 8's.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skywalker13
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2008

This is a Super-8 motel at a truck stop. Parking lot is rutted and muddy. Checked in after driving 9 hours and the elderly lady working the desk took another 30 minutes to complete the checkin process.

The room was below standards, even for Super-8. Did not expect five stars, but did expect more than I got. Carpet was ratty, as were the furnishings. Internet does NOT work, which was later acknowledged by management.

The good news is that Holiday Inn Express is building in Ozona, opening Spring '09. Don't spend your money on this Super-8.

• Liked — Breakfast buffet in nearby restaurant.
  • Disliked — Absolutely everything else. Would have been better off in a rest area.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ETXEMS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2008

Pros: The pool was wonderful, the bathroom was extremely clean, the room was perfectly neat when we got there, and there is a convenience store as well as a steakhouse next to the motel.

Cons: Beds could have been more comfortable (not that they were bad), no high-speed internet, and the motel's breakfast was only coffee, muffins, and hot cocoa.

In all, I think this motel has the best value of all the motels in Ozona, TX

• Liked — The Pool
  • Disliked — The Breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family