“Best Steak Fingers in Texas!”

The Hitchin' Post Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Ozona
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Austin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Steak Fingers in Texas!”
Reviewed December 31, 2008

I stopped in on my way through one evening not sure what I would find to eat, just really needed a rest and some coffee. I was amazed at the friendly service and decided to eat supper as well. The steak fingers were some of the best I've ever had. Top that off with the great wait staff and you have a must stop restaurant on your I-10 trips through the Lonestar State!

Addendum: I bragged to my cousin that the steak fingers were delicious. So when she planned an impromptu trip to central Texas to see me, she worried that the kitchen would close before she could get there. I picked up the phone and called in her order for a last minute take-out and they said "NO PROBLEM, THANKS FOR THE BUSINESS!" Now I call that just good old fashioned service that builds a business relationship for life!

Bon Appetite Ya'll! -- Their coffee was tasty, too.

1 Thank janaiguana

Clemmons, North Carolina
“Just a little off I-10 with excellant food!”
Reviewed July 1, 2008

We were 112 miles east of Ft Stockton and 210 miles west of San Antonio traveling across West Texas and it was time for lunch. Were we in for a pleasant surprise! There was a food sign on the Interstate so we turned off - first we rode on by - to see if there was any other choice, then back-tracked to The Hitchin' Post Steakhouse.
It didn't look like much - it's a converted sheep barn but what wonderful food! ...and the service was superb. We even asked about the closest airport, in case we decide to fly back sometime!
The menu includes nine appetizers from fried mushrooms, Cajun chicken bits and potato wrapped shrimp to nachos ($5-12). There are seven salad choices ($8-14); eleven sandwich choices (burgers, clubs, chicken $4-8); eleven steak (8) and seafood (3) choices ($9-35); six specialty entrees(chicken, steak and pork $9-14); three choices for the smaller appetite (steak or chicken $8) and a children's selection of three items ($6). They also have several choices of deserts, including Bananas Foster - I selected the cake one with ice cream, caramel and chocolate! - Wow!
I just wish it were closer to home!

2 Thank WAndrus

Been to The Hitchin' Post Steakhouse? Share your experiences!