Due to delayed flights, instead of reaching the Holiday Inn Express on Friday evening as planned, I was forced to take a red-eye over Friday night and then participated in a cat show on Saturday (the purpose of my trip) so I didn't arrive at the hotel until Saturday evening - exhausted. They were excellent when I called informing them of my situation - cancelling Friday evening with no hassle. When I finally arrived, I was greeted warmly with a genuine welcome. I was checked in quickly and was assisted in getting some food delivered.
My room was excellent. It was very clean and comfortable. I was on the first floor which has very high ceilings so, what was a fairly standard sized room, felt much larger. At first, I was worried because my room was on the first floor facing the rather noisy freeway. But, inside the room, there was little noise so it was not a problem. The entire room was clean and fresh. The bed came with both firm and soft pillows. At first test, I thought the bed might be a little firm for my tastes but, after an excellent night sleep, I realized it was just right. The evening here was just what I needed to rest and by Sunday morning, I was feeling great.
I was travelling with a pet (a cat) and they have an excellent pet policy - only $10 per night and they didn't hassle me at all. This is a real plus. If you do travel with a pet and stay here, please clean up after your pet so they will continue to be so accommodating.
I was running late in the morning so I was not really able to eat the complementary breakfast but it looked complete and I was disappointed my schedule didn't permit enjoying it.
All of the staff that helped me were excellent - always on the ball and looking for ways to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable.
If you need a restful and pleasant stay in East Texas, you can't go wrong with the Holiday Inn Express in Orange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Hotel Suites Orange the newest hotel in Orange, Texas. Come enjoy the nearby USS Orleck Gearing Class Destroyer, the Piney Woods Country Winery, the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail, the Shangri La Botanical Gardens & Nature Center, Fishing, golf, Super Gator tours, and much more. Corporations nearby include; Chevron Philips Chemical Co., Cloeren Company Inc., DuPont, Firestone Polymers, Honeywell Inc.,Invista (formerly DuPont Textiles & Interiors), Lanxess (formerly Bayer) and Mundy Industrial Contractors and more. Join us for a clean, comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Orange
- Holiday Inn Orange
- Orange Holiday Inn