“Excellent stay for a weary traveler”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Due to delayed flights, instead of reaching the Holiday Inn Express on Friday evening as planned, I was forced to take a red-eye over Friday night and then participated in a cat show on Saturday (the purpose of my trip) so I didn't arrive at the hotel until Saturday evening - exhausted. They were excellent when I called informing them of my situation - cancelling Friday evening with no hassle. When I finally arrived, I was greeted warmly with a genuine welcome. I was checked in quickly and was assisted in getting some food delivered.

My room was excellent. It was very clean and comfortable. I was on the first floor which has very high ceilings so, what was a fairly standard sized room, felt much larger. At first, I was worried because my room was on the first floor facing the rather noisy freeway. But, inside the room, there was little noise so it was not a problem. The entire room was clean and fresh. The bed came with both firm and soft pillows. At first test, I thought the bed might be a little firm for my tastes but, after an excellent night sleep, I realized it was just right. The evening here was just what I needed to rest and by Sunday morning, I was feeling great.

I was travelling with a pet (a cat) and they have an excellent pet policy - only $10 per night and they didn't hassle me at all. This is a real plus. If you do travel with a pet and stay here, please clean up after your pet so they will continue to be so accommodating.

I was running late in the morning so I was not really able to eat the complementary breakfast but it looked complete and I was disappointed my schedule didn't permit enjoying it.

All of the staff that helped me were excellent - always on the ball and looking for ways to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable.

If you need a restful and pleasant stay in East Texas, you can't go wrong with the Holiday Inn Express in Orange.

Room Tip: Don't be concerned about a room facing the freeway - the construction is such that there really...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orange, TX rapidly adapted to my needs as my arrival a day earlier so they moved my night a day earlier and kept my reservation for the next nights well providing sponsorship to satisfy my travelling needs. This reflects flexibility and excellent customer service.
The lobby and breakfast area was very cozy and the pool was cold due to the season but nice for my recovering muscles. But one of the things that impressed me the most is that most guests knew the staff members' names like if they were friends forever, I've never seen that in other hotels. In fact, Emilee invited me to sit with her, her boyfriend and another guest to have some snacks and a very pleasant chat with them. Again, incredible hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express-Orange for a lengthy group business trip (2 1/2 weeks). Everyone was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel as well as the friendly staff. The owner, Jack, went above and beyond to assist us with anything we needed on a business level. We can not thank Jack and his staff enough for making our stay perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This a great place to stay in Orange. The location is convenient to the various attractions in town. The staff is courteous and run a very quiet and clean hotel. The breakfast was fresh and with enough variety to satisfy any diet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This seems to be the best hotel in this town. It is about 7 years old, but is not a motel in the sense of the word like many in Orange, TX. This is a way point when driving to Louisiana from Houston, so the selection is slim pickings of sorts. The hotel is typical and predictable, which is not bad. Fair price and good parking. Right off the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Ikeamillion,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We actually live in Orange and have visited all the hotels along this I-10 corridor in order to select the nicest and most affordable place for when our family members visit and our house is already full. The complimentary continental breakfast is very nice. The breakfast area is clean and roomy and the staff is very friendly. They truly care about their guests and want them to have an enjoyable stay. The guest rooms are clean and they smell fresh and clean. Well lit and safe parking. Very convenient to access on and off I-10. Lots of nearby eating establishments, both sit down and fast food. We will continue to recommend this hotel to our family and friends who visit when our house is already full. They have all be grateful for the recommendation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very friendly and dedicated staff. My spouse and I stayed here for 50 days ( yes, at the same hotel in the same room) on a work assignment. The Management and hotel staff here all work very diligently to keep this hotel very clean and updated...so much so that I thought this hotel was only 2-3 years old. We were there when the hotel carpets were being cleaned and it did not interfere with our time in the hotel. The Breakfast is included in the price, so my spouse took advantage of this often. Even though a 3-star breakfast is served----continental type with some (thin) bacon or pork sausage, etc., it is free. I would have preferred some turkey sausage, but the cleanliness of this hotel and the friendliness of the Hotel staff kept us staying here for 50 days. Remember what counts: value (price), cleanliness, customer service,and friendliness.You will thoroughly enjoy your stay here.

Room Tip: Let the front desk staff know what your needs/preferences are in advance of your trip if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Hampton Inn
Best Texan Inn & Suites
Best Texan Inn & Suites
#6 of 13 in Orange
Best Western Casino Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!