“Comfortable and friendly”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Orange
Smithville, Texas
“Comfortable and friendly”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We arrived about noon and were registered in quick order by Mindy who was helpful, knowledgeable of the area and friendly. We were assigned Room 124 located just off the lobby and adjacent to the Business Center.
The exterior of the hotel matched the cleanliness of the interior of the hotel including the room, business center and breakfast area.
The room was well apoointed, the bed firm and the hot water in plentiful supply.
The breakfast Bill of Fare was good. The food was hot and the attendent was friendly while intent on making us feel welcome at the same time she was well focused on her duties.
The parking lot was very well lit.
The pool area looked in good order though it was at tad cold to test the water.
We were in Orange, Texas to attend Biloxi Blues at the Lutcher Theater presented by the Montana Repertory Theatre on March 1, 2013 in which our nephew Dylan J. Rodwick starred as Eugene Morris Jerome.
From the professionally framed Play Bills located in the lobby and behind the front desk it would appear that this location is used often my performers at the The Lutcher and in the case of Biloxi Blues this was the case as well. The theater is only about 7 minutes away.
If you are in the area and get hungary for a great sandwich try Novrozsky's also in Orange, Tx.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BillR2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Holdenville, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My girlfriend recently had to travel to Orange, TX for a job interview on her birthday. I called the hotel staff to ask if they could pick up some flowers from a local florist and have them placed in her room before her arrival. The staff was very responsive. The manager made the drive to the florist himself and sent me a picture to show that they had been delivered safely. It was all done at no charge either (excluding what I paid the florist). Considering that I wasn't even a paying customer I have to say that the staff here is great! Thank you Jack for your excellent service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott L
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have been coming through Orange for work and have been staying at this hotel for quite a while. The breakfast is great and the people are very nice. The last time, I had an issue with my priority card, but overall a very good hotel and will.stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank travelchic06
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel is OK, but there are better values in the area .... usually, I look for value when I travel and this one is on the average list in my books .... It's not likely that I would stay here again, although I would return to other HEI's I've been to ... The place overall was clean and the breakfast was average, but the night desk girl couldn't seem to stay awake, a pet peeve of mine

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stay at HIE at least 20 nights per year and I had never been disappointed until my stay at this one. Our party had 3 double rooms. The rooms smelled musty, the sheets were damp, the lobby had a poorly repaired ceiling that appeared to have had previous water damage. One in our party had to request a room change at midnight, because they were experiancing issues of irratated eyes. The rooms also smelled of an attempt to hide former smokers. Because this hotel is on route to a casio area, I'm, sure they have a difficult time inforcing their smoking policies. It's a shame, because I stayed in this hotel a couple of years ago and it was wonderful. Not old, but already needs remodeling.

RR

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank R R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear R R,

Thank you for your stay with us and leaving a review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced regarding the condition of the room, unusual smell and amenities. I truly value the comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again for your review.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2012

All the staff was very helpful and courteous at all times: always willing to help. The internet connection and the lighting in my first room was poor, but once they placed me in a different room I had no complaints.

The hot breakfast was very good, I wish they had more fruit, though, but it was enough to get me through the morning.

I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Vinton, Louisiana
Reviewed July 29, 2012

i stayed here for a week this month.i booked a regular room with king bed and they gave me a free upgrade to a king suite because i was a platinum priority club member. the front desk staff are very friendly and the ladies in the breakfast area are sweet and have wonderful breakfast bar. the rooms are very clean and the housekeepers were great about keeping it that way through out my stay. as much as i hate to stay away from my family i really enjoyed staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jason m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Hampton Inn
#4 of 13 in Orange
Best Texan Inn & Suites
Best Texan Inn & Suites
#6 of 13 in Orange

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!