“Big Change”

Orange Inn & Suites
Orange Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stay in Orange once a month. I stayed at this property 3 or 4 months ago it was not good. A co-worker told me that it was under new management and her stay was good. So last week I went to the Econo in Orange. My stay was very comfortable. I met the new manager and she was so helpful she explained all the changes that had been made since August and how they were still making improvements. The rooms were clean, breakfast was great and the pool was running.
My hat off to Brooke she has really changed the appearance & quality of clientel. The front desk to the house keepers were all nice and greeted you with a smile.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HappyTraveler55879

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Worst place we have ever stayed at non smoking room smells like old cigarettes.Burn holes in the bed cover,maid knocked on the door at 7:45 am ask if we had any towels she needed to take, we had not even taken a shower yet,speaking of shower you have to put on shower shoes to get in its that bad.Went out came back at 4 no maid service no clean towels,trash was still full,bed had not been touched,when we went to the desk to ask for towels there was yellow tape marking a large sinkhole in the floor ,staff was laying on the floor looking into the hole.Whoever wrote SCARY was on the money!!!!!!!(aug 26 2013)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I am visiting this hotel for the second time and feel for the price it is okay. I need an affordable place for a night that takes dogs and this place fits the bill. It is far from perfect but considering its location it fits right in. The room is clean enough, cable tv works, has a microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker. Has a decent continental breakfast. For me and my pups, it is okay and I may be back again in a few weeks!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The price is awesome and I should have realized if cheap then gross. Needs a major update. We got there after 5pm and our room part was clean but they forgot the bathroom part. The check in people were very nice and friendly but the rooms needed new bedspreads (had cigarette holes and stains.) and new carpet and new bathrooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We recently stayed here as an overnight pit stop on a cross country drive. "Pit" is a perfect description of this place. The condition of the carpeting in the hallway should have been a clue that this place was bad. When we opened the door to our room, we were greeted by a horrendous smell, which seemed to be mildew. Along with the smell we encountered a cockroach near the beds, a spider in the bathroom, and a moth IN the refrigerator. My daughter tried to take a bath and the tub wouldn't even drain and even the water looked gross and unclean. We ended up using bottled water to brush our teeth. Would definitely never stay here again. Disgusting.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim T
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I tend to be militantly positive when traveling, but our stay at the Econo-Lodge in Orange, TX, was downright awful.

Our room was dirty, the staff was unhelpful, and we found bed-bugs on our pillows in the morning. That's about as bad as it gets for a traveler.

I would never stay at this property again. I strongly urge you to book elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Would stay here anytime. Location is excellent near to good restaurants. Very spacious and easy access to and from freeway.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family