“It sucks bad I won't stay anymore”

Orange Inn & Suites
Orange Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I'll never stay here anymore u can bank on that Dont stay here and if u do look out what room u stay in and u won't be back nether they have this lady there her name is Betty Sue she sucks and very rude u will c good luck y'all :(

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We only stayed there because we like to go to the casinos in Louisiana and couldn't get a room at our casino. The staff was very friendly. The room was large, bed was clean. Shower drained really well and was clean. The outlets in the wall were all loose and seem to be pulling away from the wall. There was a large "tree roach" on the ceiling that my hubby had to kill, so that was a little alarming. Then again, the hotel does back up to a woody area. The room as a whole was very clean. Breakfast was ok for a little quick on the go meal and coffee. The pool looked questionably green, but we had no intentions of swimming anyway. It was cheap for a one night stay and was ok to lay your head for a few hours. I would not stay there for more than a night.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I was in town for business and stayed at this hotel for 30 days. The only reason I stayed is that the other hotels in the area in the same price range were equally poor. To start, the management is some of the worst I've dealt with. They are from India, and they "play dumb" when there's a problem. I had to sign a weekly rate contract, which they then complained about being too low and had to change my rate. They moved me to another room keep the same rate and it was a mess. Shower curtain torn, curtain rod dangling, bathtub stained, animal scratch marks by the door, dirty around the light switches, pool closed in the middle of the day for "cleaning" which took 3 hrs. Breakfast is a joke, stale cereal, bagels and "little debbie" style muffins in the wrapper.
Seriously, save yourself some frustration and avoid this place, you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I booked it with a very low price with Expedia. The room is bigger with fridge & microwave. Furniture & carpet are older but clean. Bed is also clean and very comfortable. Staff is very nice and courteous. We don't usually stay at fancy hotels when going on 1 day trip, and so far this one is better than most. (We stayed at the Motel 6 behind this place last year and it was horrible).

It is after all a 1 star hotel,

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2008

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at! A few examples: bugs in my shower, rooms smelling like mildew, horrible management, and a green swamp as there pool, and not to mention my room flooded because the toilet over flew and my stuff was ruined. They knew it was under rennovation but still put me in it. I moved rooms three times in 4 days! The first room, the shower wouldn't work, the beds were disgusting, and the air conditioning was broke. The second room, the toilet over flew and ran all into the room itself and the walls had holes in it. The third room, the same thing, the toilet had problems and luckily didnt make it past the bathroom door, and the plug ins were hanging off the wall instead of screwed into the wall.
I would never suggest anyone stay there. People walked in and out of my room all hours of the night (staff) and didnt even KNOCK! Crazy isnt it??? No lie!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 19, 2007

Booked this hotel for a weekend away for a wedding. The hotel was FILTHY!! We had a non-smoking room that smelled like smoke and mildew. The swimming pool looked like a green pond. It was nasty. The front desk attempted to tell us that the water was "safe". Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple