“roachs and nasty”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Orange
Eatonton,ga
“roachs and nasty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Woke up to roachs crawling up the wall,beds are very old to say the least.do not recomend at any price,needs to clean it uy or shut it down

Room Tip: nasty keep looking
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ricky H

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Round Rock, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

After many hours on the road, my husband chose this place so we could get some sleep. If we hadn't been so tired, I would have left as soon as I saw the room. It reeked of cigarette smoke even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The furniture was old and shabby. No basic amenities like shampoo or a hair dryer. The smoke alarm was on low battery and made loud noises intermittently during the night. The grounds are dirty and trashy. Nothing good to say about this place. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't assume all chain motels are the same. Check reviews of specific locations first.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna W

Travelers are raving about these Orange hotels

MERIDIAN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

We stopped here on our way to San Antonio Tx and the gentleman who waited on my husband was very helpful. We were able to get a downstairs room that was handicapped accessible. The room was clean and stocked with everything that we needed for the night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

Look, I'm not a classy broad, but this was the most disgusting foul hotel I have ever stayed at, and I've traveled A LOT. I came into Orange after driving for 15 hours straight from Arizona. I HAD to stop and take a shower and get some sleep - or so I though, until my pup and I set foot in the room. First of all, it looked dirty and dank, there were spider webs and it smelled like smoke. SECOND of all, I went to take a shower, and three huge roaches crawled out from under the shower head. At that point, I had decided to leave, but I couldn't get my dog out from under the bed because she had gotten stuck on a mouse trap under the bed. To make matters worse, when I went down to the front desk to tell the girl, and ask for my money back she lied to me and told me that there were no mouse/roach traps in the rooms. I had to take my dog to the vet and remove the mouse trap from her paw, which was broken. The hotel refused to pay for anything, and continued to lie. It took almost a week before my refund was back on my card. Long story short? keep driving til you hit Louisiana!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dirtytucson
Houston, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

Room was not very clean with stained carpet. Staff was very unprofessional and not very helpful.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JTM6
Houston, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2005

Fortunately, I got a refund because I didn't stay even a half hour.
The room was tiny, the a/c was built in Methuselah's day. The door sign said no smoking and of course the room was smokey. They moved me to another room and same smokey smell. I couldn't believe how run-down the place was. The workers were all relatively polite but I've been in many Motel 6's (in Arizona) and never seen one that bad before.
I went back to the front desk after seeing that the second room was bad and politely asked for a refund, which they did. Orange, TX motels are overpriced for some reason but they don't deliver on quality to match their prices at all.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank miche
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2004

After staying one of a two-night reservation, our plans changed and we thought we would just check and see if we might be able to cancel our reservation for that night. The front desk clerk, however lied, and said that it was not possible because the cleaning crew had already left. "Fine," we thought ... until we got to our hall and found that the cleaning crew was not only still there, but they had not even cleaned our room. Hopeful that we might now be able to cancel our reservation for that night, we eagerly went to the desk clerk who now said we could not check out because of the time. If he had simply said it was too late the first time, we would have understood and accepted the policy. The lying, however, I find completely unethical and unacceptable. I will not stay there again or recommend it to anyone.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member