“Great staff, rooms and stay.”
Review of Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed June 29, 2013

After a full day of driving this Hampton was a welcomed site. From the friendly guest services rep, to the jacuzzi, to the fitness center there were no surprises! I would stay here in the future. No issues with property.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hampton Inn has come a long way. Exceeded all our expectations and for a price that was less than all the other hotels in the area. This hotel is rather new. Everything was clean and fresh. We were able to check in early to get in a freshen up before a wedding we were attending. Great new hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

About 20 of us stayed at this hotel for a family reunion for two weekend nights, and overall it was ok, but there was something in the carpet--some sort of chemical--that burned our eyes whenever we were in the hallway. They had fans throughout the hallway, so they must have been aware of the noxious smell. It was so cold in the room when we arrived that we turned up the temperature from 67 to 72, and the heat came on! That happened every time we turned up the temp, and it happened in my relatives' rooms too. It was somewhere between average and poor, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tangi2
Lucy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Tangi2,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Hampton Inn Orange is located near the International Paper plant and occasionally there will be some odor which can be detected near the hotel depending on the direction of the wind. The fan in the hallway that you observed was used for air circulation during the summer time to maintain comfortable temperature in the hotel.

In addition, the temperature in our rooms are kept at a cool temperature during the summertime but if a guest prefers a warmer temperature by increase the temperature setting, the heat will come on for a brief period of time to warm up the room.

Again, I am sorry that your stay was less than perfect and please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this matter further.

Best Regards,
Lucy Liu, CHA

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I would definitely recommend this Hotel for anyone coming through this area. It is the best in the West !!! Business,Family or Romance... don't miss this one !!! The Staff, overall cleanliness & Continental breakfast were all way above Hotel standards. Thank you again Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Don't stay here if you want your family to visit you. They will be asked to leave or purchase a room. Manager: Lucy Liu was VERY cold and asked my family to either purchase a room or leave. This was very degrading and humiliating for me and my family. I understand NOW that the priorities for the property is ALL about THE MONEY! I told her we stay in Orange 3 to 4 times a year and will never stay here again. All I got was a cold blank stare. We never had this trouble with La Quinta and will continue to bring our business to a family establishment in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank scubastevedfw
Lucy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Scubastevedfw,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay in Hampton Inn Orange was less than ideal. However, I will need to clarify that your family members were ask to leave the hotel because they were using the hotel pool. Hampton Inn Orange provides several amenities including pool and spa facility to our guests free of charge but not to un-registered guests. This is our hotel policy and I am sorry that you were not satisfied with it. Your guests are more than welcome to visit you at the hotel both in the lobby and your hotel room, but they are not allowed to use the pool area since they are not a Hampton Inn Orange register guest. Again, I am sorry that your stay was not pleasant and please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this matter further.

Best Regards,

Lucy Liu, CHA

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stay at this hotel fairly often and can say no surprises! The owners and staff work hard to provide consistency in cleanliness, food quality, helpfulness and overall service. They strive to provide the little extras that make a difference T

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We made our reservations at this hotel, when we arrived the outside was a lush tropical garden with pretty flowering bushes and palm trees. The lobby wa beautiful. The rooms were large, spacious and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and large. I love the soft water. The breakfast is out of this world, I could sit there and eat all day. The staff makes you feel just like family. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange
Best Western Orange Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Orange
Comfort Inn Orange
#9 of 13 in Orange
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bridge City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Beaumont

Been to Hampton Inn? Share your experiences!