“Solid choice despite checkout confusion.”
Review of Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in Orange,Texas. The hotel is clean with a quiet lobby and pleasant staff.
The elevators are somewhat slow for a hotel with only 3 floors. Also if you need quiet to sleep, request a room facing away from I-10. The hotel is very close to the interstate and road noise kept me awake all night.
The beds were very comfortable and pillows just right…the room had a very large bathroom, the actual room itself was a little on the small side however. Nice large flat screen TV with many channels to choose from.
The breakfast was decent, typical Hampton inn fare. A good Mexican restaurant is just down the road, within walking distance. Other fast food places are within a 5 minute drive.
The casino, Delta Downs is 10 to 15 minuets away...
Check out was a bit confusing as I had just gotten out of the shower at 10:30 AM and was packing up to check out when there was a call to my room asking me if I intended to stay another night. I am a bit confused on this as I was lead to believe check out was at 11:00 AM? The hotel was dead on a Sunday morning so don’t think it was that urgent to get me out of there 30 minutes early…but whatever, I suppose they had their reasons, Perhaps the staff wanted to clean the room and didn’t want to come back later after I checked out…I was a bit put off by this but not a deal breaker….just a little rude on the hotels part. I would stay here again but would confirm with the manager what the time is for check out as to avoid the confusion in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank goldendeal

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was a two-night stay and we were really impressed with this hotel. My wife and I usually stay with the "Hilton" Brands when available, so we KNOW what to expect. We were not disappointed with this one and will definitely stay here again when in the area. We love the suites and normally stay in those when available on the property. From the time we arrived and were greeted at the front desk, the staff made us feel welcome and special. All the amenities (incl. breakfast) were great. We also enjoy the benefits of being an HHonors member!
The Smiths

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side are quieter...we didn't hear a thing:)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank James S
Reviewed December 27, 2012

this hotel is new. the staff is pleasant. they have a good continental breakfast, but not other food or bar. There are very few restaraunts or bars in convenient walking distance, but the staff will steer you right.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed overnight while visiting family in the local area. Very clean, very modern up to date Hampton Inn. Very impressed with the friendly check in,and especially the call to check and see if our room was ok and we had everything once we to settled in for the night. The breakfast selection was everything from fruit,cereal and yogurt to waffles ,pastries and oatmeal !Ample choice ! The bed linens were clean and the bed comfortable . Great stay and very friendly staff! Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I am in hotels every week and found this Hampton Inn Suites in Orange to be just perfect. I was very impressed with everything. The room was large and very new looking and clean. Very nice for the money. Must be pretty new. A great choice for anybody.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This place was perfect! The staff is so friendly, you feel like family when you walk in. The breakfast is delicious, all kinds of varieties and the cinnamon rolls are out of this world. The rooms perfect, large and CLEAN!!!
We have stayed at this location three times and each time everything is great. The hotel is very very clean. The bathrooms are very spacious and clean. The pool is very clean.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect and clean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Had a recent stay at the Hampton Inn and as a Diamond member, I must say Im thoroughly impressed. The place is right off of the highway and truly immaculate. I had a nice size room which was very clean and modern... Exceeded expectations by a long shot. Free and fairly fast internet.

The morning staff were very friendly and I was greeted by virtually everyone. The breakfast bar has a lot of hot/cold options and caters to those wanting to eat a bit more healthy as well (fruit, hard boiled eggs, english muffins)

Everything went smoothly. Only thing I would mention negatively about my stay is that my Diamond status was not recognized at checkin and I was not offered a welcome amenity... Not a big deal, but nice to be acknowledged.

• Stayed: October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange
Comfort Inn Orange
Comfort Inn Orange
#9 of 13 in Orange
Best Western Casino Inn

Been to Hampton Inn? Share your experiences!