“Perfect Wedding Location”

Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Texas
“Perfect Wedding Location”
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We recently held my daughter's wedding at the Elegante and could not have picked a better property. From our initial visit to the actual wedding, our contacts Laurie and Kristy went above and beyond accomodating every request.

Every member of the staff, executives, front desk, van driver, security ,maid service and banquet staff were polite and courteous at all times, to all of our guests. The only problem encountered was the slow service in the restaurant.

We had a suite which had a small kitchen and spacious living area with leather couch and chairs, a fireplace and a bearskin rug. It was a perfect gathering place for our family and plenty of room to get the bride ready. The beds are just about the most comfortable I have ever slept in and the shower head is great.

There are so many places for people to sit and visit including the leather couches in the lobby and hallway plus the outside pool area with the changing lights in the pool and a fire pit.

The staff at the Spa were exceptional and the massages were perfect. Since it rained all day, it was a plus that the girls could have their hair done there and no one had to leave the hotel.

If it had not been for the minor service problem in the restaurant, I would say our experience was flawless and highly recommend the Elegante.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Restaurant Service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank TexasMaggieMae

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Houston, TX
Reviewed May 12, 2008

I loved my stay here! I had a room on the second floor with a balcony that overlooked the pool area. I loved it! It was such a nice way to "hang" out and relax instead of being stuck in my room flipping through the channels and it was so peaceful and pretty when the decorative lights in and around the pool came on after dark. The hotel was lovely, staff very friendly and informative, the beds were comfortable and the rooms were elegantly furnished. I do not sleep well away from home and I slept like a baby there. I also enjoyed their choice of toiletries (Bath & Body Works).

• Liked — Comfort of the room
  • Disliked — Bar too smoky & stale - need better filtering system to move smoke around.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2007

Stayed one night for business at the MCM Elegante. It truly is the nicest hotel in Odessa. The lobby has two interesting aquariums and nice sitting areas, as well as a computer and printer (great for printing boarding passes). The staff was nice, could use some polishing up, but did very well. My request for an upper level room was met with a room on the 7th floor. There was often someone to open the front door for the guests.

The room (king) was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Bed, Bath, & Beyond soaps, etc for those who care about that stuff. Everything was clean and in good working order - the shower head put out a great, wide spray of water. I avoided the selection of bottled drinks (water, OJ, Full Throttle) at $3 each; vending machines quite expensive, also. Son and I walked two doors down to the 7-11 for a treat instead.

The pool was very large and a great temperature; the hot tub was nice, not scalding.

Had breakfast buffet in the restaurant, decent selection, excellent price - $6.95!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Odessa. It's about 25 years old, but seems like new.

Go to La Margarita for some good local Mexican food (South Grant Street, or Dos Amigos for an interesting local dining/entertainment experience).

Check out the near full scale replica of Stonehenge at UTPB, across the street.

• Liked — Luxury type atmospere; large room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank toomuchtravel
Dallas
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I recently stayed at the MCM Elegante for a conference being held in the hotel. I was very pleased with front desk and shuttle services. I was very disappointed, however, in the immaturity and overreaction of hotel security.

Our conference had rooms blocked off, and on the first night of our stay, several ladies and I decided to eat a very late snack in the room. There were about 7-8 of us, all speaking at normal voice levels, which may have been a bit loud.

Instead of receiving a warning, I was greeted by a "security supervisor" who told me that I needed to pack my things and leave the property and that the police had been called. As we were all professional women, you can understand the shock of the situation. I offered to quiet everyone down or even clear them out of my room, but the female security worker refused my offers.

I went from attempting to reasoning with her to begging her for some understanding. It wasn't long before I was just plain upset. I was paying $160 a night to be harrassed by this woman! I demanded she call her manager, as this was an unacceptable overreaction to the situation. After all, we were not twenty teenagers throwing a raging bash in a hotel. We were professional women in our late twenties and thirties and forties, visiting, and eating Subway.

While the security officer consulted with her manager in the hallway (supposedly, anyway), I began packing and making arrangements to stay elsewhere. She returned and advised me that she would be complaining to our even organizer about our noise levels, but that I could stay. I advised her I would be complaining to the hotel manager, and shut my door.

Needless to say, I was humiliated and made to feel like a teenager. I complained to the manager, and was eventually comped a night, in an honorable effort to make the situation right.

• Liked — Shuttle Service
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Odessa hotels

New York
Reviewed April 10, 2007

Driving all the way across TX and really needed a restful, clean place for a night - picked Elegante from TripAdvisor reviews, and they were right on the money.

Room - nice size, big "Pimpin" (as another coined it) easy chair, good bed, clean and adequate bathroom - better than I expected.

Food - no better nor worse than any likewise situated chain motel

Staff - friendly and businesslike - don't cross them and they won't cross you

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — So so food
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank the_real_fatbear
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed April 5, 2007

The Elegante is the only full-service hotel in Odessa and only the Hilton in Midland offers the same level of service and comfort in that area.

The room decor is Big Pimpin -- oversized beds, big leather chairs, etc. -- but the rooms are very comfortable.

They have a Starbucks inside the beauty salon, which is weird, but was nice to be able to grab a coffee -- and some hair gel -- as you headed out the door.

Food in the restaurants was standard hotel restaurant fare, nothing special at best.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Good location, nice staff, nice room
  • Disliked — Seems like the rooms are a little overpriced
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank WkndWarrior
ODESSA
Reviewed April 1, 2007

The room was was very nice but fairly small for $169.00. The staff was polite. The room service was good. It all seemed just a bit over-priced with the $3.00 bottles of water in the bathroom.

Mike Hill

• Liked — THE VIEW
  • Disliked — SIZE OF ROOM
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family