“5 star state”
Review of Motel 6 Odessa

Motel 6 Odessa
Ranked #35 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed December 21, 2010

They Go "The Extra Mile" And Then Some! Superb Value!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed September 29, 2010

this room was terrible! we got there around 10pm 3 people in line in front of us and the wait took forever. when we finally got our room it was horrible! the room was very small and bed was so uncomfortable. the bathroom was dirty with and old dirty wash cloth still hanging on the shower curtain. this was the worst room i have ever stayed in and i will never return. for $75 i had hopped for way better.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rosebud2012
Reviewed March 11, 2009

The room that was given to us at first was not cleaned and the sheets were not replaced. The staff had no problem switching rooms and was very appologetic. Staff recommended the Roadhouse and it was a very excellent restaurant.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Was there for 10 minutes and immediately got on the phone to look for a new room. I walk in, sit down with my laptop, and immediately have a tiny black bug land on my arm. I pull back the sheets, more tiny black bugs. I look in the other bed, more bugs. They had to have been flees. I called around, found another room and then called the front desk to advise them of my situation. They actually have bug spray at the front desk. You know there is an issue when the front desk is armed and ready with bug spray. I told them no need and that I would be down to get my card refunded. I would rather have slept in the car!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank roadwarrior0247
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Room had a foul odor. Bathroom had ONE towel; no washcloth, no bathmat. There was one used bar of soap in the shower. When I pulled back the bedcovers there were bed bugs. Killed two roaches and a spider on the floor too. This place should be condemed. Stay away-stay away-stay away!

Also asked for my money back one hour after arriving and was told NO. I asked for extra towel/washcloth/bathmat....they didn't have any clean ones....and they had NO SOAP.

Not worth the $70 I was charged, not worth $10 really. I slept in my car...can't handle bed bugs, the stench and other unidentifiable creepy crawlers.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank PlayDoh
Reviewed July 9, 2008

When planning a family trip from Atlanta to Tucson, the Odessa/Midlands area seemed like a good place to spend our second night on the road. Because expenses were important, I booked us into this motel instead of the much higher priced places in Midland. My mistake.

I had asked for rooms on the ground floor because we were traveling with a senior citizen. Our rooms were upstairs. There were cards available for us to purchase one day of WiFi, but the clerk didn't know anything about them. We asked about places to eat-there weren't any in the entire town other than the DQ.

The rooms we were given were right over the pool. There were three young women that I'm pretty sure were hookers who spent at least three hours in the parking lot; two of them were talking and shouting loudly enough that we could hear them from our room. I brought all our luggage into the room, because I was concerned about the safety of the parking lot.

I do believe that had we been in one of the outside rooms instead of an inside room, things might have been better, but we were not that lucky.

Once we were in the room and once the noise outside settled down, things were acceptable. The air conditioner worked, the tv worked, the matress was OK. Old, but adequate.

We were on the road 14 days, and this was by far the worst experience we had during that time. It was also our most expensive room. If we make this trip again, I will most certainly spend the extra money and stay in Midland.

We rode around a while after checking in trying to follow the direction of the desk clerk to get to the WalMart (never did find it). Odessa is a very sad place! It appears to be one big slum. Do yourself a favor and stay in Midland.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank Colbert M
Reviewed June 5, 2008

This is an okay-quality budget motel. Not much to say about it. They do take pets with no additional charge.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)