“Should have spent the extra $100+” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Odessa

Motel 6 Odessa
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Odessa
Los Angeles
“Should have spent the extra $100+”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was so unhappy that I made the decision for my family to stay here. The area is experiencing some type of boom and so Midland, Odessa, and other surronding areas are charging $180+ for rooms. As a result, I opted to stay at Motel 6, well.....

The Good - They have the "newer" style Motel 6 rooms. They have hooks ups for DVD player, MP3, HDMI, etc. There are plenty of television channels such as HBO and ESPN. They do have newer flat screen televisions.

The Bad - There is NO iron or ironing board in the room. The towels were barely big enough to cover an average size 2 year old. The soap is a JOKE so bring your own bar. The pillows for me were the worst and it made for a terrible nights sleep. The comforter had multiple stains on it and this was true for both of the full size beds in my room. The internet is $2.99/24 hours and is only good on ONE device. If you try using the code on two devices one will get KICKED off immediately. There was no microwave or refrigerator in my room and I thought based on the internet information that there would be one. Lastly, I could hear the person's television in the next room at 7 am.

Finally, this hotel provides the bare minimum, so if you just want to lay your head down for a few hours before getting back on the road then this might be the place for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Travel4workand4fun
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Odessa, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Travel4worland4fun,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness issues you experienced with the bedspreads. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Odessa, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My Stay started off with a piss smelly room, and just got worse from there, I was lied to by General Manager Luis Vargas promising a full refund, did not get, offered me coupons (admitting a problem), I will never stay at a Motel Six again. I would not stay at this motel ever if you are considering it. The only reason I stayed there was because of the oil field boom in this area. prices are outrageous, I was charged 100.00 per night at this Motel six. Talk about price gouging, oh well life goes on and what goes around comes around

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Odessa hotels

Terlingua, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

First of all prices in the Midland/Odessa are just completely outrageous. At $80 a night, I didn't expect much but wanted to save the extra $50. The clerk who checks you in is behind what looks to be bullet proof glass. She was very friendly, though, and gave me helpful information and directions.

On the way to our room I noticed some seedy looking guys just sitting there in their truck, staring out the window. After we got settled and went out to dinner about 45 minutes later they were still sitting in the truck. The room was recently remodeled with fresh paint, new linens, and decorations. It looked nice enough but the beds are hard as a rock!! I thought I was sleeping on a box spring. My kids and husband both complained about how hard the beds were too. None of us got much sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
El Rito, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The motel itself is fine. No problems. Clean, quiet, comfortable. Better than the average M6, but because the oil patch is booming, many workers have to stay anywhere they can find a roof. That has enabled every motel owner in Midland/Odessa and surrounding towns to raise their rates sky-high. Nothing you can do about it if you have to stay in the area, but if you can, drive on further to get out of the boom area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Gatesville, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Odessa/Midland was our stopping point during a drive home from our 10 day Las Vegas and Scottsdale AZ vacation. After reviewing hotels on Trip Advisors mobile app I couldn't believe what I was reading --- hotels/motels below $100/night were extremely limited to two choices. For a road trip stopover hotel stay we rarely spend over $100/night. Our 4 star hotels in Las Vegas and Scottsdale had cost us only $63/night. So this was a shock to find such expensive hotel choices in Odessa (not your loveliest town in Texas). We think our gas prices are higher due to all the oil and gas companies doing business in Odessa/Midland are having to pay such high nightly rates at these hotels/motels. You know, oil boom town atmosphere jacks up the hotel nightly rates.

We finally chose the Motel 6 and asked for a room as far away from the freeway as possible (which we got from the friendly receptionist). However, the freeway noise heard within the room was horrible. Our room was extremely small. It was clean-ish though. The door looked as if someone had tried to take a crowbar to get into the room. Bed was very uncomfortable. ANd we were irked by the light switch for the bathroom shower/toilet area automatically turned on the noisy fan. Lastly, there was no shower curtain liner which meant the "fancy" outside shower curtain couldn't hold in the water meaning we had a drenched bathroom floor. Hoo boy - we were so glad when daylight arrived so we could get on down the road. And all this for just a mere $87/night.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TexasCatBird
Leonard, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Brought my whole company to Odessa for a 6 day business trip. This was the only hotel I could find for under $100 a night. It is bare bones but not bad. Maybe we got all of the updated rooms but they are not bad this trip. Seems like they have some new paint, flooring, TVs and a few other things in our rooms.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jack2148
Van Nuys, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Besides the friendly front office person, this was a horrible experience. The room smelled, the toilet was dirty ( the whole bathroom for that matter), and questionable stains on the bed. Filthy all around. I spent five minutes total in that room, called around and got another room at another hotel. I would suggest staying elsewhere!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family