See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My Stay started off with a piss smelly room, and just got worse from there, I was lied to by General Manager Luis Vargas promising a full refund, did not get, offered me coupons (admitting a problem), I will never stay at a Motel Six again. I would not stay at this motel ever if you are considering it. The only reason I stayed there was because of the oil field boom in this area. prices are outrageous, I was charged 100.00 per night at this Motel six. Talk about price gouging, oh well life goes on and what goes around comes around

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

First of all prices in the Midland/Odessa are just completely outrageous. At $80 a night, I didn't expect much but wanted to save the extra $50. The clerk who checks you in is behind what looks to be bullet proof glass. She was very friendly, though, and gave me helpful information and directions.

On the way to our room I noticed some seedy looking guys just sitting there in their truck, staring out the window. After we got settled and went out to dinner about 45 minutes later they were still sitting in the truck. The room was recently remodeled with fresh paint, new linens, and decorations. It looked nice enough but the beds are hard as a rock!! I thought I was sleeping on a box spring. My kids and husband both complained about how hard the beds were too. None of us got much sleep.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The motel itself is fine. No problems. Clean, quiet, comfortable. Better than the average M6, but because the oil patch is booming, many workers have to stay anywhere they can find a roof. That has enabled every motel owner in Midland/Odessa and surrounding towns to raise their rates sky-high. Nothing you can do about it if you have to stay in the area, but if you can, drive on further to get out of the boom area.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Odessa/Midland was our stopping point during a drive home from our 10 day Las Vegas and Scottsdale AZ vacation. After reviewing hotels on Trip Advisors mobile app I couldn't believe what I was reading --- hotels/motels below $100/night were extremely limited to two choices. For a road trip stopover hotel stay we rarely spend over $100/night. Our 4 star hotels in Las Vegas and Scottsdale had cost us only $63/night. So this was a shock to find such expensive hotel choices in Odessa (not your loveliest town in Texas). We think our gas prices are higher due to all the oil and gas companies doing business in Odessa/Midland are having to pay such high nightly rates at these hotels/motels. You know, oil boom town atmosphere jacks up the hotel nightly rates.

We finally chose the Motel 6 and asked for a room as far away from the freeway as possible (which we got from the friendly receptionist). However, the freeway noise heard within the room was horrible. Our room was extremely small. It was clean-ish though. The door looked as if someone had tried to take a crowbar to get into the room. Bed was very uncomfortable. ANd we were irked by the light switch for the bathroom shower/toilet area automatically turned on the noisy fan. Lastly, there was no shower curtain liner which meant the "fancy" outside shower curtain couldn't hold in the water meaning we had a drenched bathroom floor. Hoo boy - we were so glad when daylight arrived so we could get on down the road. And all this for just a mere $87/night.

Room tip: Don't stay here
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank TexasCatBird
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Brought my whole company to Odessa for a 6 day business trip. This was the only hotel I could find for under $100 a night. It is bare bones but not bad. Maybe we got all of the updated rooms but they are not bad this trip. Seems like they have some new paint, flooring, TVs and a few other things in our rooms.

Date of stay: October 2012