“Maintenance is a low priority”
Review of Holiday Inn Odessa

Holiday Inn Odessa
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed here two weeks in a row with several co-workers. The first week my co-worker was placed in room 304 which was missing a love seat or easy chair and a phone on the desk. He requested to be moved to a different room. The next week the hotel put me in the same room and the furniture and phone was still missing. I requested to be moved and they put me in a room right beside the exercise room. I asked to move again and I stayed in the third room. This room (room 325) had an extremely noisy ceiling light in the bathroom and the vanity lights over the sink would periodically go out. I stopped by the front desk the next morning but after waiting several minutes with no one there I left. I noted that the sign where the manager's name is suppose to be was empty. I can't believe they are putting people in rooms that are not fully furnished. My last comment is that there were six people waiting in line to check in and only one person struggling to help them as well as answer incoming calls. Someone needs to manage the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in 304 or 325.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Crackerjack1234

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My family along with several others stayed for a week for a softball tournament. The rooms were very nice and clean. Daily room cleaning service was very slow and they ran out of towels often. The front desk was not very friendly either. Maybe this was because they were so busy?

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank pjmorton
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights in August 2011 at Holiday Inn, Odessa, TX. Very well maintained safe property with clean bathrooms and good big size rooms. coffee maker with star bucks coffee sachets in the room alongwith microwave and fridge for our comfort.
sunset looks beautiful from the corridor window!!! you can see the horizon from the room window as the land is a flat desert land.
had a very good stay and would recommend you to stay for the price we pay !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were very impressed with this hotel and would have given it top rating of 5 if it wasn't for the loud humming of the refrigerator unit in our room ( and yes we unplugged it ). The hotel is on a main road to Midland and it right by UT Permian Basin and Prairie Dog Town (across from Chili's). There are a lot of restaurants to choose from in the area. The room was spacious and clean with extra pillows. The hotel is set back from the road so it was very quiet. The bar was doing a brisk business. We had a nice breakfast there also.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Stayed here one night while in town on business. This is a fairly new hotel - typical new Holiday Inn design, etc. Everything throughout the hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. The room was spacious with very good internet service and good television channel choices. The bathroom was very clean and everything was in good working order.

The pool is pretty small and the hot tub was not very hot - the only real negatives I found. I didn't eat in the restaurant - try Mi Piaci Italian restaurant, just a few miles away.

Be aware that you may have to arrange airport transportation 24 hours in advance, but it is complimentary.

I will likely stay here in the future and recommend it. This is probably one of the best 2 or 3 hotels in Odessa.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank toomuchtravel
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed here a night in July when I had to catch a flight the next day. The hotel is somewhat new, maybe three years old, so everything is still new and fresh. Our room was quiet. It had a mini-fridge and microwave. The in-room coffee was not very good. The service was good - no complaints. The room decor was fine, but plain and bland. They have a small outdoor pool, and sundires shop with snacks and ice cream, and an in-house restaurant and bar We did not eat their but it appeared to be a normal menu (Bar food - pizza, burgers, sandwiches, etc). It was a weekend and there were almost never any customers in the restaurant. There are several chain restaurants and big box stores within 1/2 to 3/4 mile. We did get a good weekend rate, but the weekday business rate would be too high. They do NOT provide a complimentary breakfast as they want you to eat in their restaurant on site. We have also stayed at the HI Express about one mile away and found it to be a much better value, its newer and they have the complimentary breakfast (we get more use out of that than a bar with bar food). My only complaint was their entrance drive way is horrible to get in and out of. Its even hard to find. Very poor planning and signage. We found it much easier to drive through the parking lot of a gas station and cut across a car dealership lot to get into the hotel. The entrance driveway is awful. Overall a fine normal hotel stay since we got a good rate. I would grumble if I had to have paid the full rate.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank pirateparrot
Reviewed May 26, 2011

No Coffee in the morning nor was the resturant open till 7 am they said due to CUT BACKS by the owner. Guess he does not want any customers, then you dont need coffee. Rude at the desk and since I'm a platinum member Priorty club, I was told there may not be a room even that it was booked 4 days in advance. Crappy 'est Hotel and I will never bring business here ever again!!!!!!!!!
Dennis Hammond
500126985 priority club number

Room Tip: dont land here what ever you do
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business