“Nice normal hotel.”

Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice normal hotel.”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed here a night in July when I had to catch a flight the next day. The hotel is somewhat new, maybe three years old, so everything is still new and fresh. Our room was quiet. It had a mini-fridge and microwave. The in-room coffee was not very good. The service was good - no complaints. The room decor was fine, but plain and bland. They have a small outdoor pool, and sundires shop with snacks and ice cream, and an in-house restaurant and bar We did not eat their but it appeared to be a normal menu (Bar food - pizza, burgers, sandwiches, etc). It was a weekend and there were almost never any customers in the restaurant. There are several chain restaurants and big box stores within 1/2 to 3/4 mile. We did get a good weekend rate, but the weekday business rate would be too high. They do NOT provide a complimentary breakfast as they want you to eat in their restaurant on site. We have also stayed at the HI Express about one mile away and found it to be a much better value, its newer and they have the complimentary breakfast (we get more use out of that than a bar with bar food). My only complaint was their entrance drive way is horrible to get in and out of. Its even hard to find. Very poor planning and signage. We found it much easier to drive through the parking lot of a gas station and cut across a car dealership lot to get into the hotel. The entrance driveway is awful. Overall a fine normal hotel stay since we got a good rate. I would grumble if I had to have paid the full rate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank pirateparrot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Willis, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2011

No Coffee in the morning nor was the resturant open till 7 am they said due to CUT BACKS by the owner. Guess he does not want any customers, then you dont need coffee. Rude at the desk and since I'm a platinum member Priorty club, I was told there may not be a room even that it was booked 4 days in advance. Crappy 'est Hotel and I will never bring business here ever again!!!!!!!!!
Dennis Hammond
500126985 priority club number

Room Tip: dont land here what ever you do
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bsafe
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I have just recently started staying in Odessa every week. This is my second week. Last week they lost my reservation and I stayed down the road at the La Quinta for $20.00 per night cheaper. Brand new facility.
Willing to give them a second chance, I made a reservation last week for this week. I reserved a king room and received a confirmation for it. Upon arrival I was informed that they did not have a king room but they did have a double. I asked about my confirmation and they said I reserved a double.
What good does it do to try to be loyal to HI and rack up over 100,000 points to become a platinum member and supposedly get upgrades. I get down grades. Front desk staff, including manager, was rude and offered no assistance.
THEN THEY HAD THE NERVE TO ASK IF I WOULD LIKE ANOTHER ROOM FOR NEXT WEEK.
WHERE HAS THE OLD HOLIDAY INN SERVICE GONE? NOW YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER TO THEM. AT $139.00 PER NIGHT FOR ODESSA, TX YOU WOULD EXPECT SOME COMMON COURTESY.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LubbockMike
Midwest
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I do not get it...this is a great spot...awesome staff...well kept...WHY doesn't H Inn offer java in the lobby?? Room coffee is horrific...and everyday I encountered guests, like myself...driving elsewhere to get a decent cup and boycotting the in-house restaurant because it irritated us...its just coffee...brew some...and put a smile on your patrons face...hint...do like other hoteliers...offer it IN or NEAR the eatery...and myself and others will improve your foodsales...otherwise...I loved the place...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Laughlin, Nevada
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I chose this hotel for my driving trip from Dallas to Phoenix. It was very secure, clean and offered nice amenities. As a solo female traveler, I felt very safe. The property was very clean and the rooms were very comfortable. It is important to me to have a quiet room, I did not hear a sound all evening. Room service was a little slow but the food was good quality. In a small town this was a gem of a hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ccwakimoto
Augusta
Reviewed March 14, 2011

The rates at this new Holiday Inn are higher than I'd expect to pay in most cities the size of Odessa. However this is an oil town that's booming. Apparently theres a shortage of accommodations for oil field workers. Thus the higher rates.

The decor of the lobby and the room were first class. Despite being on a busy road the room was very quiet. I had a great nights sleep in luxury bedding. The rooms were very clean.

The service in the hotel was great with one big exception. I left a small piece of luggage in the room. I called the hotel and asked that they ship the item to my home and charge the delivery to my credit card. The Holiday Inn refused to do it and suggested that I contact UPS and have them pack and ship it. I don't have a UPS account so this wouldn't work. Fortunately someone I know in Odessa picked up the luggage and shipped it to me. I've never heard of a hotel that wouldn't forward a forgotten item.

This Holiday Inn is fine. Just double check to make sure you didn't leave anything in the room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel because we had no water and the front desk agent was very nice and helpful. When we walked into the room it was was very refreshing and I just loved how they put roses on the toilet paper. Then we ate breakfast and though it's not free it's priced very comparable to any other place in Odessa. I will be recommended this hotel to everyone and my family and I will be back!!

• Stayed February 2011