“NIGHTMARE IN ODESSA” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Odessa
Mesquite, Texas, United States
“NIGHTMARE IN ODESSA”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

They stole everything I accidently left in room. Said I had to pay to get stuff left in room.back. Room was horrible. Don't ever stay here. The room was cold and the manager was totally uncaring. I should have called the police to get my stuff back. Staying in a tent on the side of the road if preferable to staying here.

Room Tip: Stay Away From Here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cindy W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Horrible! We stayed on 1/1/13, a cold night. Cranked the heat up as high as if would go, but could not get the room warm. We had to put on extra clothes. Finally had to turn on the kitchenette stove. We were a little afraid the stove would catch the room on fire, then decided that even if the whole place burned down that would be a service to the rest of mankind. There was no bedspread, just sheets and a light blanket. The bathroom was so filthy I could not bring myself to shower in there. I had to clean the coffee pot from years of never being washed, and then discovered there was no coffee nor cups. There were holes in the walls. The tv was probably manufactured in the 1960's.' The remote control didn't work at all. My husband was jumping out of bed all night long trying to determine if our vehicle was being vandalized. The curtains were too small for the window, so light was beaming in all night long. We got the room through hotels.com, so there was no chance for a refund of the $89 we paid to be miserable all night long in this hellhole.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Odessa hotels

Temple, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

By far the WORST hotel I have stayed at , would not recommend nobody stay here. My bed had no pillows, the bathroom sink faucet was bent. The TV was some kind of 1970s model with very poor reception even though there was cable. The front desk does not care if you get the pillows if you call them more than once they just take the phone off the hook.

• Stayed December 2012
columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband was in the hospital for a month. I stayed here by myself. When we checked out, we were packing the car, my purse was in the room. It was stolen. My opinion is it was an inside job. After we left, I realized the maids cart was on 2nd floor near room. You see the guys do the maintenance (if you can call it that) and the wives work the front desk and do housekeeping (if you can call it that). Definately an inside job. They got the mother lode when they got my purse, but we believe in KARMA. Also filthy and disgusting. Had to select month and year, but this was 9/09. It didn't allow to go back that far.

Room Tip: Don't even slow down for this place
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank kathy b
Fort Stockton, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

This motel is not fit for a dog. my husband and i stayed in this motel the night before i had surgery, the room was filthy,tolit seat broken, no towels washrags, my husband had to buy them. nosecurity llock, no phone, we had to put chair in front of door.my daughter paid for the room. i had no way of getting a hold of her. i am disabled. husband had to take care of some things was in back . was to scared to walk to front . was in the back.beer cans and tras all over the yard. run from this one unfriendly . like i said i wouldnt put a dog in this one.dirty sheets,ice bucket and glass

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cathy c
Kermit, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

If you're used to staying in a holiday inn or a ramada go find one bc this place is cheaper and on the ehhh side of okay. I've stay here a lot of times and it varies each time sometimes its good sometimes im like wow this is a dump each room is different and everything isnt always super clean or functioning but I'm cool enough to deal with it bc it's a cheap room in a good location you get what u pay for people :)

• Stayed October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank msprissnicole1985
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was double charged for my hotel, front desk would NOT give me a refund. Very rude and did not care that I was upset and have NO MONEY to get home. The bed in our room is broken, toilet handle flies off when you flush, refrigerator table only has 3 legs, exposed wires in the room, stains, it's dirty/nasty. This is the crappiest hotel I have ever stayed at and I will NEVER stay here again. And I am telling EVERYONE I know about this place. Horrible experience. Hotel should be shut down.

Room Tip: stay some where else! Do yourself a favor and and pay extra to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family