“Excellent. A little pricey but worth it”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ordered online and carried out. Good food and plenty of it. I had the catfish plate and wife had chicken strips. To be fair, that’s what she has everywhere. Cajun? Italian? Mexican? French? Chinese? Chicken strips. The Chinese call it “lemon chicken”. But I digress.

Awesome interior with lots of Saints memorabilia, friendly staff and they call the chef “Chef”. And the food backs that up.

They’re doing it right, we’ll be back.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (49)

Reviewed December 13, 2018

i was amazed with the customer service
friendliness
food quality

and prices!

ordered the catfish-chicken combo
it was delicious!!

will definitely come back

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

Started off bad with old hush puppies & it didn’t get any better. Fish was fishy and shrimp wasn’t very good. In addition they don’t even have lemons. Wouldn’t recommend this place. It used to be better.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here a few months ago and the service was horrible. From the time we were seated we waited a hour and a half for our food. The food portions were small, not fully cooked and the taste was off. For the price we decided we wouldn’t come back. I’m not patient enough to wait 2 hours after ordering for my food, let alone my children were completely over it.
Last Friday Night...so hubby and I decided to go out for a kid free dinner. Our first choice was busy and had long wait times. So we decided to give Big Daddy’s another try. I ordered the catfish, he ordered the bacon,jalapeño burger medium well. So we waited 40 minutes for our food, he ordered 2 bug lights on tap. His beer was brought to the table and the head of the foam was frozen?!? Frozen chunks of beer, really. When our food arrived my side dishes were wrong, I sent them back and received the right sides. My husband went to eat his burger and it was raw on the inside. Bright pink, red blood coming out. Our waitress was no place to be seen. We decided we were no longer hungry, paid our $58 ticket and left. I did notify the girl at the register about the undercooked burger, even the receipt had the burger wrote as medium well. So after 2 tries we’re done with Big Daddy’s, I’ll pay more at another seafood restaurant. Waitstaff was young, unprofessional and lacked common sense.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Big Daddy's offers mostly fried foods. Their catfish and chicken are both excellent and filling. The floor inside the restaurant is sagging and needed to be replaced a long time ago. It would not necessarily be safe for people who have trouble walking even if you are using a walker. It is an older restaurant, but we do like to dine there occasionally. There is no drive through, but you can order food to go.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Big Daddy's Catfish and Chicken? Share your experiences!