“Already planning on a return visit”

Barn Door & Pecos Depot
Ranked #7 of 239 Restaurants in Odessa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Good Thunder, Minnesota
“Already planning on a return visit”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and son stopped at 3 other restaurants first. All had a over an hour wait at 7pm on a sat. We then drove across town to the barn door. It was a 5 min wait. Our waiter was very kind. He was one of the best waiters we've had in Odessa. The bread and cheese was great. My son ate half a loaf himself. My husband bought a block of cheese to take home for $6. The shrimp cocktail was simple shrimp and sauce. Nothing great but average. I had steak and shrimp with mac n cheese and mashed potatoes. It was all great. My steak was a perfect med rare. Too much to eat in one sitting. The rice and shrimp was my favorite. The steak a close second. My husband had steak. His was cooked just as ordered also. He said everything was great. My son ordered a cheeseburger but was too full to eat any. He ate off my plate and then took his home. He enjoyed it the next day. It was a nice touch that we got a pitcher of water and didn't have to constantly wave someone for another drink. But our waiter was alwsy

Midland, Texas
“Never Got Served”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I made reservations for 6 people at 6:30 on a Friday we got to our table at 7:30. Waited 30 mins to have our drink order taken, waited another 20 mins for our drinks they were just cokes and teas not anything complicated. They brought the bread and cheese at this time as well. We placed our order and waited an hour later, after everyone else in the room had been served and left I asked where our food was the server said they had it on the grill and it would be out in a minute. I had just walked by the grill on my way to the bathroom and they were cleaning it for the night, no food was cooking any where. I asked the waitress to just bring a check for our cokes and we would leave, she said no you have to wait for the manager, it was 10:00 by this time. I didn't wait put $20 on the table and we left.
We have been eating here for years and the service in the last 3 years has gone down hill. I have been here with large parties and they have never gotten the food correct or in a timley mannor. The groups have stopped coming here because the service is so bad.
Once you get the food it's usually ok.

• Visited November 2012
Amy L, Guest Relations Manager at Barn Door & Pecos Depot, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Your experience does not meet our expectations here at the Barn Door. We apologize for this. Please check your inbox as the owner is trying to contact you so this situation can be corrected. Thank you for letting us know about this!
Bend, Oregon
“Speedy lunchtime service!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

So many reviews commented on how slow their service is, I wasn't sure I should go in for lunch when I saw the parking lot full. But I decided to afterall. There was a 15-20 minute wait for the dining room, so I immediately sat down in the bar area. The bar area also has a lunch buffet and the same menu. I ordered from the menu and the waitress took my order promptly. Then before I could catch my breath, I was served ice tea, soup and a warm loaf of bread. The salad was served as I was just finishing the soup. There isn't anything special about the food but it is good homemade style food. The salad was spilling over the edges of the plate, the plate was so full. The steak was cooked as ordered, but was a bit salty. I especially liked the carafe of ice tea so that you can refill your glass as often and quickly as you like. It took a total of 30 minutes to sit down, order and eat all the food. It was a pleasant experience.

• Visited March 2013
Amy L, Guest Relations Manager at Barn Door & Pecos Depot, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thanks for spreading the word about our fast lunch options! Glad you enjoyed it, and hope you come back soon!
DeLand, Florida
“Great Steak - Love the Blocks of Cheese”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food here was very very good. Steak was a huge portion - cooked properly and just great! The cheese block was an added bonus we loved the huge block of delicious cheddar cheese brought to our table. The railroad decor was very very interesting and we enjoyed looking around the place. Will return for sure.

Visited January 2013
Yes, our cheese block is pretty popular! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review!
Lake Norman, North Carolina
“Just Okay”
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

An obvious local favorite with some nice touches. A cup of hot vegetable soup appeared as soon as we sat down & a block of sharp cheddar cheese and warm bread came at $2 per person. A nice start, but food was okay at best and service while friendly was often slow. Old barn feel with western decor. A little extra effort could make this a special place, but for now just okay.