“Decided to stop for a bite while out on errands ”
Review of Thai Spice - CLOSED

Thai Spice
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We didn't want to end up waiting hours like most the eateries in Odessa are doing while the boom is going strong, so we looked for what would possibly be a short wait, and the parking lot made it look more crowded than it actually was inside. Most times a restaurant this empty at dinner service would concern me, but we had picked up drive thru take aways a couple of times in the past and they were quite good. I was surprised at how few patrons there were inside knowing that the food we had gotten in the past was good.
We were told to seat ourselves, and only two people were working the front of the house. The interior of the restaurant has definitely seen better days. Old style tables and banquette seating that had tears in it, but overall seemed clean (just desperate for a remodel). This was once a Captain D's in the distant past. The restaurant is not well lit, but it is a quiet atmosphere for anyone looking to relax.
It took some time to look over the massive menu, which I think could use some scaling down. Our waitress was quick to respond when we were ready to order. Our order consisted of 2 summer rolls, which were excellent. Then came entrees, one beef and pepper with stir fried rice on the side (which can be seen in the photo was not fried at all, or even seasoned). Our other entree was Pad Thai, mainly because a good way to gauge a Thai restaurant is by the Pad Thai. I was definitely underwhelmed by the dish. It lacked seasoning and depth. It was edible, but not what I consider good Thai food.
The best part of the meal were the Summer Rolls. I would definitely recommend those and the coconut base soup to anyone planning to visit the restaurant.
Don't let the barren parking lot deter you from visiting Thai Spice House, I think it is an over looked opportunity in the Odessa restaurant scene. If you enjoy Thai food, or even Asian cuisine in general, I recommend it.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Traveling from Las Cruces, NM to Weatherford, TX and Odessa is about half way between the two so it's perfect for a lunch stop. Decided to try Thai Spice for a midday stop and was looking for Thai Iced Tea as a pick-me-up for the afternoon drive. They had no Thai Iced Tea nor Thai Iced Coffee just run of the mill coffee. I had Chicken Kar Pao, a lunch special, that arrived quickly; it was hot and flavorful brimming with crisp cooked vegetables and tender chicken. Definitely worth driving out of my way for.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had Panang curry, seafood sour and Tom Yum. The soups were full of delicious goodies, enough for a midnight snack. The services was very friendly and attentive. Much better than the Thai restaurant on 42nd St.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Great for odessa I would not go anywhere other than here for thai food.
Nice. Clean smells good grat service.

1  Thank Bulldog6200
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

The flavors are uniquely Thai in most dishes. Very delicious and full of flavor and spice, if you like it. I love their summer rolls, sesame chicken, tofu tod, Thai salad and chicken curry. The service is fast and very welcoming!! The location isn't appealing to the eye but never judge a book by its cover!!