“Average at Best” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Odessa
Petaluma, California
“Average at Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

At $125/night plus tax, it was the cheapest place we could find for one night in Odessa. The place is being remodeled and is a mess - why they can't bother to even try vacuuming the dirty hallways is beyond me. They have signs apologizing for the mess, but they continue to charge full price. The rooms are OK, we had one on the second floor, though the walls are thin and you can hear conversations in the next room. Breakfast is better than average. This barely avoided a poor ranking, wait until the remodel is complete before staying here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pfefmeister

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Spent a week here on business. Room was dirty and the internet didn't work. Front desk staff couldn't have cared less. Lady who worked breakfast was nice, but the breakfast was abhorrent. It is a shame that places like this can prey on business travelers who have no choice when they travel to the oil boom.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BlueHenFlyer

Travelers are raving about these Odessa hotels

Oklahoma!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My biggest complaint at Comfort hotels is the pillows. They are almost always small, and not very comfortable. This Comfort Suites has great pillows! The rooms are a little bit tired, but they have a sign in the lobby that says a renovation is on the way. The room was clean, and the staff was nice. I did however, find some sandwich meat left over in the fridge from the last guest. It wasn't nasty or anything, but it should have been caught by the housekeepers. The price was a little high, but Odessa is in the middle of an oil boom. Everybody's price is high!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank YourNextGuest
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Staff extremely rude. At 5pm on the 21st of August my keys did not work so I went to front desk. Girl at front desk made new keys that did not work again. I returned to front desk and without telling me she would escort me to the door she walked back around office and stood in the hallway scowling until I asked her if she was going to open the door. I told her she could have said to follow her and she snapped at me that I was being rude....what!

Also I have been working in field sales since 1996 and never had I not received a wake up call until this morning. I requested a wake up call for 8am this morning at 10pm on August 20th and no call.

I get that unemployment is low here but when I'm spending over $200 a night, the service should be impeccable

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SWTXtraveler
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

June 23rd in west Texas and the sign on the gate to the pool says "Closed for the season"! Really? Rates here are extremely high because of the oil and gas exploration going on but I guess they can't afford to get the pool fixed! Then, I wanted to get into my room to catch the end of a race on tv that my friend was in and the tv didn't work. So, I went back down to the front desk but nobody was around for ten minutes and when I called the hotel, nobody answered. When the clerk returned, I was told that "you just gotta unplug the tv and then plug it in again" I just think they oughtta fix the problem instead of thinking that this is a common problem. Heck, I never even had to do that when I had to stay in Motel 6!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank scubadude77354
Arlington, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was visiting relatives in Odessa and chose to stay at Comfort Suites as I have stayed before in the past, the original plan was to stay 2 nights however extended our stay to 3 nights. The total for our bill was @ $422 for 3 nights, which is high but the oil boom has risen prices so high in Odessa that we thought this was a deal. Our stay was ok, not excellent but good enough to want to stay again ... until ..... my credit card was charged with an additional $56. I found this out days after I returned home to Arlington, TX and was told that "my party" (which had consisted of myself and my fiance', two responsible adults) had damaged the shower curtain and it was pulled from the wall. I was the last one to take a shower and the shower curtain was attached as I had to move it to remove my shampoo and soap. I left the towels in the bathroom, stripped the beds, gathered the trash and made sure I had all of my belongings so I would have known if something were "broken" before leaving. Trust me, the shower curtain was up and attatched to the wall. I issued a complaint with Choice headquarters and am awaiting a response. I do not want to point fingers however the only ones that could have done this were the folks in housekeeping however I have to pay for the damage. For this reason, I will not stay at this hotel ever again. The front desk is not attentive at all and was very rude over the phone. The only other complaint I have with this hotel is what every one else is complaining of and that is VERY THIN WALLS. I hope no one else has this experience with this hotel. In the future, I will not mind paying more for another hotel with an HONEST staff.

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the ELEVATOR. We were in 310 and heard "traffic" at all hours of the...