“Stay AWAY from this place!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Odessa
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Roswell, New Mexico
“Stay AWAY from this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My first time ever to stay at a Fairfield...but it will definitely be the last time.
The shower was leaking, mold on the bathroom floor tiles, and the refrigerator smelled
like rotting fish. To top it all off, they had to inspect the room before returning the $250.00
deposit, but refused to allow us to go with them to inspect it...sounds like somebody had this
planned all along. Then they tried to say there were cigarette ashes all in the bed, when this is a non-smoking Inn? ..and refused to return the deposit. I had to call the police department to get help just to get my deposit back, because Wendy the manager was too lazy to get off her backside to get down there to check things out. These people are crooks and thieves...My advice to anyone is to stay far, far away from this place. Unbelievable for people having enough stress dealing with loved ones in the hospital!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Wendy F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Odessa, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our Trip Advisor page and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Odessa,

You indicated your response that your room was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for inconveniece you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring all our guest satisfaction.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you and our other guests with excellent hotel experience.

Sincerly,

Wendy Fuller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Fairfield Odessa has become our home away from home. The staff is always very friendly and helpful at all times. It is always a breath of fresh air when we visit with Miss Donna in the mornings. She is always bubbly, happy and super helpful. She goes out of her way to make me my special bold coffee in the mornings and has it ready when we come to breakfast. Wonderful place! Highly recommend!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here four nights between Christmas and New Years including New Years Eve. Our room was pretty big and had a chair with an ottoman, another chair for the desk. There was a small refrigerator and coffee pot. The wi-fi was free, and if you don't want to use wireless, there is a jack to plug into. There are also plenty of electrical outlets for charging phones, etc. We didn't use the exercise room on this visit, but they do have one. They also have a very nice free breakfast. There were scrambled eggs, cheese, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, waffles you can put on the waffle grill, bagels, and assorted muffins, bread available for toasting. Of course, there was coffee, juice, milk, and water. I found the attendant to be very pleasant and very friendly. We talked to her for a while when there was no one else in there. The girls at the front desk were also friendly and always greeted us as we were coming in or going out. All in all we were very pleased with this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times. I had no problems. This last stay I had my boyfriend come stay at the hotel with me and got a different result. Let me first say I am a Caucasian woman. My boyfriend is an african american man. On Saturday the manager (Wendy Fuller) came up to my room to drop off towels and for the first time seen my boyfriend. Her attitude completely changed from that point towards me from polite to rude. She was not helpful when I asked for maintenance request to fix my tub, I had to ask maintenance on my own. The next morning when I went to extend my room I was dealing with front desk staff when the manager came out and said the card I was using was no longer acceptable and I had to use a different card even tho I had been using that card for a week and a half. I went and loaded my bank card to use to please her. Monday I went down to extend my room and the manager came out again. I have been staying at this hotel for over 6 months on and off. Since day one the the policy has been if you pay cash and use a card the incidentals were 20 on your card and pay the full nights rate in cash. Well Monday she changed the policy even after I went and got a new credit card when there was absolutely nothing wrong with the one I previously had. Now she says the incidentals are 150. On the card 250 if I pay cash. I then argued the fact that this was not right then she gets angry that I have proof that is not the policy and I tell her ever since she seen my boyfriend in the room she started acting different. She said yes, I found it odd when I seen that black guy in your room, you are always alone when you stay here. I told her it is none of her business who I have in my room and what I choose to do with them in my room and long as I do not violate there rules of no smoking and I am respectful with the noise. We argued back and fourth when she then told me I can no longer stay there and she called the police on us even after I told her it is not a problem I did not want to stay at a hotel that discriminates and I was leaving anyways. This manager of this hotel has some issues. I asked for her supervisor and she acted like a little kid refusing to give me that and refusing to give me her name. I will be bringing this to corporate attention as well since everything she said including her comment about the "black guy" was on camera, I just wanted to share so nobody else has to go to a hotel and have there guests or even them discriminated against!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank jesica d
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice big rooms. Elevator is super slow! Front desk employees were friendly. Breakfast was boring-same old scrabbled eggs, bananas were black with spots, frozen muffins with no microwave! Breakfast attendant was not friendly!
The computer work center is horrible!! Old computer, no privacy-in middle of lobby and no private door. Employee told me they can't offer better due to the influx of oilfield workers. It would be much better to not even have one and advertise it as such!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Roberta D
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel was the Whataburger on the corner of the block. Well, that & the overnight attendant named Veranecia. She was the only friendly & helpful employee I encountered.

Requested a late check out, & needed it to be at least 2pm. Employee could not grant request, stated she needed to speak to her manager. Left my phone number for a call to advise of status bc we had to leave for work. No call was ever received. When I called several hours later & spoke to the manager, she reluctantly granted my request & told me that if we were any later than 2 she would charge us for another day.

It is important to note that the hotel was NOT at 100% occupancy.

• Stayed May 2013
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Long story short. I booked a room for one night using Marriott Rewards points and was not able to show due to travel delay so I assumed my MR points will be lost which I was OK with. I was wrong. To my surprise, they did not take the MR points as I anticipated, instead, they advantageously charged my CC with a full rate. Of course, none of these policies were disclosed before or at the time I booked the room. They don't even disclose what the cancellation fee would be upon making the reservation. So I contacted their hotel manager Wendy Fuller who was of no help nor she offered any logical explanation for this other than "This is a Marriott Policy". Also tried to contact the Operations Manager at the Insignia Hospitality Group (Group that actually owns the Hotel) and left a message with his assistant and NEVER got a call back. Customer Service is just not part of their operations manual. I'm a VERY loyal Marriott customer in the Platinum Premier group who stays on average 200 nights/year for work and leisure. Needless to say, I will never book another room in this hotel and I will make sure everyone knows about their deceptive practices so they are not taken for a ride as I did.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family