“Great food, then okay”

Odessa, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, then okay”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I ate their twice. The first time, the food was perfect, and the service was just okay.

The second time there was a different cook and the food was just okay. The service was good but the food was real slow to come out. My food seemed as if it was sitting for a while and my wife's food tasted rushed. So it seems that they the kitchen was a little out of sync.

The manager was great, he immediately jumped into action, recooked my wife's food. He then covered her dinner, which I did not feel was necessary since he remade it for us. So great customer service and food. I definitely recommend this place.
No restaurant is perfect, but they obviously cared about taking care of their customers.

Visited August 2013

Odessa, Texas, United States
“Good Service, Not Too Long a Wait”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Shorter wait time here than at many of the sit-down restaurants in town. And the food and drinks are always good. Great kids menu selections, as well.

• Visited June 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“cold reheated”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Cold reheated lasagna, wedge salad was good, service was ok. I could overhear the girl talking about me as she had me on hold, I think she was annoyed by me- unprofessional and I wasn't even making any special changes to my order etc.

Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
“Crazy Busy”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We won't eat dinner here again -- maybe would try lunch. My family traveled to Odessa to see relatives and the four of us chose this restaurant on a Thursday night. They were crazy busy. Our female server was juggling three huge tables and ours and wasn't able to refill tea or get us our food quickly. We probably sat there eating bread for nearly an hour before it was served. While it was lukewarm but tasty, my daughter's pizza had to be completely recooked because it had sat (somewhere) for a very long time. And we had to ask for everything. There should be waiters pouring water and tea throughout the evening when the place is so busy. But maybe it's like this all the time? We got our table about 6:00, so we had planned to eat early. It all lasted longer than we had hoped.

• Visited March 2013
Odessa Texas
“Gross”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is gross. Every time I go I order something different and I have not liked anything, Why do I keep going?? I don't know I've been there like 5 times and don't plan to return and give this place anymore chances. People that love this place are people that are just used to small city Odessa food. They obviously have not experienced good cuisines. Olive garden is better than this place but if you want Italian food in Odessa better off going to Zuccis Italian Tavern, better vibe and food. Zuccis has a homemade feel. The over all look at Carinos is a typical Italian chain place. Desserts look like they were previously frozen etc, nothing home made. The only thing I liked was the cream sodas but I can make those myself at home.

• Visited October 2012