“Stay at Hilton for Business”

Hilton Garden Inn Odessa
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed June 27, 2013

All great, Bed's need work. Unable to adjust the bed for firmness. People and service was excellent. Appearence of the Hotel were good. access to the hotel were easy to get too. I will recommend to other business people i work with.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Odessa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

We would like to thank you for your recommendation to people you work with. Thank you also for your nice review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

One of the top three hotels in Odessa, Texas and top eight in the Permian Basin. Very business travaler friendly, and excellent breakfast. I would stay here in the future. I rated value as average because of the very high room rates in that regoin compared to others.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Our pricing is in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our central location and extensive facilities. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet expectations, and for that I am truly sorry. With that said it is nice to read you think we are a clean and friendly hotel. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went to Midland/Odessa area to see Aviation Museum and to attend an anniversary party. This hotel was centrally located to all of our activities, it was clean, and the staff was very helpful. Having a restaurant and bar in the hotel was a plus!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Odessa, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

We hope you have fun at the Aviation Museum and that your anniversary party went well. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again here at the Hilton Garden Inn Odessa. Thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Odessa Texas was outstanding. I immediately recommended this Hotel to My Manager. He too is completley satisfied with their top notch service. I would continue recommending this Hotel to all of our partners within our Company. Thank you again

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We at the Hilton Garden Inn Odessa offer you our thanks for your business and recommending our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Odessa to others in your company. Thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Typical "oil boom" story, nice new facility, one or two trained desk staff, everyone else does not have a clue. Slow bar and restaurant service. Topped off with a hair in my breakfast, once I finally got it.

Thank Jimmy C. R

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Nice hotel with very large rooms and good amenities including a room thermostat (not just an on/off, hot/cool switches under the window), a microwave, a refrigerator, a coffee maker, and RFID chipped room keys. There is also a nice little bar and light restaurant in teh lobby and an outdoor pool. Breakfast buffet was pretty good for the $10.95 per person.

Only constructive criticism is that we had a hammer head sized hole in the bathroom door (not all the way through both skins) and some rust around the shower hand hold bar. The front desk was unaware of these items so maybe houskeeping needs to communicate better with maintenance. Other than those two items, the room was very nice.

The staff was nice and very friendly. We will stay there again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration and inform housekeeping on this issue. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Odessa is the definition of a Boom Town. The oil and gas exploration has made hotel rooms in Odessa very expensive. A standard king room is over 300.00. The cost of this room and the standard amenities is the reason for the average rating. For the prices charged I would expect the property to be above the standards for a Garden Inn.
Check in was OK but I had to request my waters and breakfast voucher as I am a Hilton Honors member. The desk clerk never addressed me by name or offered a greeting which is the standard for a Hilton property.
Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioning had an off odor and was musty smelling but was tolerable. Bathroom amenities were standard Garden Inn.
Breakfast was a bit unusual, I am used to seating myself then going to the cooking station and ordering my breakfast a waitress then brings water and coffee. This place was the opposite, waitress takes your order and you then get your own coffee. Food was good and prepared correctly.
Check out was fine. The hotel is on a section of the road where there are no restaurants within walking distance but there are a number of choices a quick drive away.
Because of the very high prices I would avoid this area if you have other options or drive a few extra miles for better pricing.

Room Tip: try to get a room opposite the highway. It does get loud.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Our pricing is in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our central location and extensive facilities. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet expectations, and for that I am truly sorry. . I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. We would love for you to give us an opportunity to make up for your poor experience.