“No service whatsoever!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Odessa
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
“No service whatsoever!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I'm a Hilton diamond member, for the last 6 years. I never been at a Hilton hotel with this kind of service. The hotel lost my laundry that I gave them to be sent out. They lied to me about 5 times as to where it was. I got a call saying they found it and it was in my room. It was someone elses laundry. I also had bedbugs in my room and wasn't even asked by a manager what had happened. They always have computer problems, took 90 minutes one day to get a Caesar salad from the restaurant. The best is after I left I called Hilton honors to get this resolved. They told Hilton honors that they would be calling me on that day.. Well after telling them that 4 times and still not getting back to me Hilton honors took care of it. They don't even give good service to the people who own the brand hotel

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Leachjr
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Odessa, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Frank guest reviews such as yours, are appreciated, as they give us the chance to improve.There is currently a new management team in place who have been working meticulously to ensure guest rooms are clean and comfortable, offering a relaxing place for our guests to enjoy their time and respond to their needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Good hotel, staff is ok - I think it is pricier than it should be at $249 a night... It is always sold out so book early and check-in early so you have a room!

Room Tip: Book early and get to property early to guarantee a room for the night.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike C
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Odessa, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
 We always enjoy hearing from our guests here at the Hilton Garden Inn Odessa! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This hotel was nice to look at and everything that you would expect from a HGI however, I upon check in I was given a key that would not open the door. not once, not twice, not even 3 times!!! Finally, after hauling my luggage around the hotel from the 3rd floor(last door on the hallway, furthest from the elevator) they sent a handyman to take a look and the lock was not working properly. Then they wanted me to just stand there and wait while they looked at the lock and I told them to get me another room, the person at the desk did, but reluctantly. check in was not a good experience. My stay was for 2 weeks on business and I was going to have to do some laundry during my stay that spanned 4 weeks across Texas. There was 1 washer and 1 dryer to the entire hotel. The hotel was booked solid with oil driller people that were also there for an extended time. The washer and dryer was never available even at the cost of 1.00 a load in each. Other than that, the hotel in in a nice location, but not within walking distance of anything and the parking was horrible. There are way more rooms than parking spots it appears and the hotel was booked solid the entire time I was there. If you are just passing through, or staying at this hotel for a short length of time then it would probably be really good, but they need to add some laundry services or washer/dryers for their guests otherwise. It was quiet in my room and the food from the American Grill was really good. I suggest the Chicken tortilla soup if you like hot spicy type of foods. It was awesome and room service was always prompt and at a good price.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator in the top floor if possible to keep the sound down
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Derikk T
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Odessa, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
We are dismayed to learn of your experience with your key. This is certainly not representative of the level of service we strive to extend to our guests. Please know your comments are taken very seriously and will be looked into immediately.
Pecos, Texas
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My first time staying at the HGI in Odessa. Did not have reservations, but was not greeted well by Mr Terry. He was very rude and acted as if I was a bother. Gave me my room key and did not let me know about any amenities, bar, breakfast, check our, etc. Checked out and decided later to stay another night. The second time Terry was not there and the person checking me in gave me free breakfast vouchers and was very nice, opposite of what Terry was. I wish I would have gotten his name to give him credit. The breakfast was wonderful and dinner was also wonderful at the restaraunt in the hotel. Beds were a little too firm and there was a smell of sewer the second night that wasnt there the first night. The doors closing was loud and it was somewhat loud throughout the hotel. Overall the second attendant and the experience of the restaraunt compensated for Terry's rudeness. My sister in law had the same complaint about him when she checked in.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Monica H
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us; it is through such candid feedback that we’re able to improve our product and services. . While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for an attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Recently stayed here on an extended business trip. I like the Hilton Garden Inn model. Microwaves and Mini-Fridges, and you still have the option of full service with a restaurant and bar. Big rooms with comfortable beds, flat screens, cable and wifi. Full breakfast to order, with Starbucks and morning newspaper. Coffee and cookies in the afternoon. Pleasant and eager to serve staff. You won't do any better than this in Odessa.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank SLG99
 Your complimentary review of our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Odessa is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.
Wayzata, Minnesota
Reviewed November 19, 2011

First impression; there were 2 motor coach buses blocking the entrance drive, making it difficult to enter the premise off a busy road. The drivers were cleaning the empty buses - maybe not the fault of the property, but it was an obvious hazard that should have been addressed.

Waited for 5 minutes at the front desk for assistance to check-in; there was no staff in sight nor hearing distance, as my calls for attention yielded no responses.

Finally, someone appeared from the backroom, but was on a cordless phone... another couple of minutes waiting rather then summonsing help. Their appearance was not very professional, dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans, wearing a name badge without a title.

As I was being helped, another person appeared from the backroom interrupting. An obvious hotel employee dressed in similar fashion... again, not very professional!! Mater of fact, I don't recall seeing any hotel employee in any type of uniform or professional attire.

Eventually I got my room assignment and key, but was not offered nor confirmed HHonors "My Way" benefits, or receiving complimentary bottled water I find customary at all Hilton Garden Inns.

The noise was horrendous... Door closures NEED to be adjusted, as door were "slamming" all night. The fore-mentioned buses; were transporting students for some type of school activity. Image, 2 bus loads of Juveniles in the same hotel... noise complaints did not produce results. Waits for the elevator were excessive and arriving cars full due to the kids racing between floors.

Upon returning from an evenings work at a client site, the front desk associate was on the phone (a personal call as I briefly overheard the "gabbing"), and who did not acknowledge my presence or return in anyway as I walked by... apparently due to other distractions.

Overall, my rating of the personnel and staff is "POOR". Consider I did not utilize the restaurant or bar.

Upon check-out; I utilized to TV check-out process and quickly departed to avoid any further disappointing contact...

As an apparent newer property, the rooms, furnishings, bathrooms, etc are all in good acceptable condition, as would be expected. WiFi functioned well, but continues to lack better then 1.5M speeds as with most Hilton brand properties.

There a very few Hilton brand properties in Odessa, TX, and this was a big disappointment in representing the typical Hilton Garden Inn service expectation. Not conducive to the business clientele. I would be hesitant to book here again. Just cannot comprehend a Category 5 rating based on my experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Cruiseologist
 We take all feedback seriously and unfortunately, it’s clear from the guest rating you were not pleased with your stay. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!
Euless, Texas
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We recently booked a "Bed and Breakfast" room at this new hotel and were verry pleased - no problems checking in, the room was so clean, the bed very comfortable (although my husband thought the mattress was a little too firm) and the staff was very courteous. For some reason hotels in Odessa are overpriced and at least this wasn't more overpriced than other hotels I considered. For $120 including tax we got a very comfortable room and cooked-to-order breakfasts with the best waffles.

Room Tip: Don't expect a view from any room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family