“What a great place to stay.”

TownePlace Suites Odessa
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed March 17, 2013

From the outstanding breakfast to the social hour with supper and complimentary beer and wine this hotel has a lot to offer. The shower heads are great. The beds and pillows are great. It is walking distance to good places to eat and the mall.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Tyler R
TPSGM781, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Odessa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

We appreciate the glowing comments you gave our hotel on your recent visit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels, there are many choices in the area and we appreciate your business. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please contact me directly.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

It will probably be tough to get a room since the Midland/Odessa area is going through an oil/fracking boom right now, but if you can get a room here, it's very nice. The room was nicely appointed and the bathroom was nicely done up in marble. My favorite part was the excellent breakfast. One morning it featured sausage patties, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, country potatoes, and waffles. Plus yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, and coffee, and juice, etc. The next morning it was all the same except instead of sausage patties, there was bacon. There were local editions of newspapers plus the USA Today available as well.

Check in and check out were a both a breeze. So if you can get a room here, I'd recommend it. It's right in the middle of town, down the street from the mall, and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank AmyH267

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your trip and for taking the time to share your experience with the traveling public. We are happy to hear that we met your needs during your stay and we hope you have another opportunity to book with us again in the future. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please let me know.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I loved their pillows. Best ones I've slept on in a very long time, including at home. I've stayed at nicer places for half of what they charge here. Bed slightly sags in the middle. The sofa bed is crumpled and has a torn frayed arm. The bathroom door knob fell off in my hand! The cleaning lady forgot to leave shampoo and conditioner at least once. Their TV guide (listing of channels available) was 90% wrong, which made it very frustrating to find the TV channel I wanted. The hot breakfast was the usual, but no bananas and no hard boiled eggs :(.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I'm disappointed to hear about the experience you had during your stay at our hotel. This is not the type of service we aspire to provide. I want to personally apologize for the problems you encountered. I will follow up with my team to improve on the quality of the guest experience. Please contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

In this town where many transient oil industry workers need to find places to stay, there are many good housing options. Odessa is a bustling town and competition for guests is keen. While we were only there for one night and secured a suite at a great price, it would be my choice to stay there again and again. The hotel is relatively new with wonderful decor and service. The outdoor area features a pool, grilling area and a fireplace which are great features for interesting extended stays. The staff is cordial and efficient. One clerk even lent her personal cell phone charger to a guest who had forgotten hers.

The suites are nicely decorated with adequately stocked kitchenettes. The living space is plenty for one person and adequate for two. I have stayed at some extended stay hotels where there is no couch and one recliner, limiting seating for more than one person. There are many good options nearby for dining, shopping, and entertainment. Highly recommended!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Meg W

Thank you for highly recommending our property. We are happy to be a positive aspect of your trip when you are traveling. We look forward to having you as our guest again if you return to the area. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had never stayed at TownePlace Suites in the past until August. My husband was having a procedure and we needed a room for 2 days. I called everywhere in Midland/Odessa looking for a decent room with a decent price. When calling Towne Place Suites I spoke with Holly. Her computer went down while we were making reservations. Holly called me back and in a couple of weeks when we arrived she was working and remembered us. Holly was friendly, more than helpful and extremely professional. The room rate was a little more then I normally pay, but was a great deal compared to the rates of other hotels I had been quoted. Our room was immaculate and I was surprised at all the room had to offer. Any area that we visited at Towne Place Suites was very clean and well kept. Keep up the good work TownePlace Suites. When we travel I will be looking for your facilities to stay at. I hope they all are as well kept and employ staff as kind as Holly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mary S

Thank you for taking the time to review your hotel experience. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and are happy to hear that it showed during your recent visit. We appreciate your comments and hope you will visit our hotel again if your travel plans call for you to be in this area.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I travel extensively for business, nearly 70%. I've stayed in nearly every chain of hotel brand at every level. NONE come close to the friendly, professional staff, the overall cleanliness and comfort of the facilities, and the seemingly endless perks they offer here.

All 5's in my book. The only recommendation I could make would be the pricing. Thankfully, I receive corporate pricing via my Company, but the "everyday" price quotes seem a little high for the area. Otherwise, this place is AWESOME.

Thanks for listening.
Woody, OK

Room Tip: South side rooms view the pool. Avoid rooms near the stairwells, if possible. A little noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank J W
sgarcia315, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Odessa, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for your response! We appreciate your comments, and knowing that you do an extensive amount of traveling we are very happy that you had a great stay with us. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you on your next visit to Odessa.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

This hotel was an awesome surprise. Slim pickings in this area but TownePlace Suites has fantastic customer service, breakfast, and clean rooms. I used reward points and was very satisfied. I did not use or need any of the amenities but they were available. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Stay at this hotel if you are in this part of town, unless you want to end up in a flea and bed bug...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Smiley T
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for your response! Our team strives to make every stay enjoyable and that you receive the best value during your stay.