“Great hotel”

Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
San Angelo, Texas
“Great hotel”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Great staff, immaculate and up-to-date facility, food was definitely much better than you would expect
Every staff member went above and beyond

Recommend highly

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jrh1201

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I fully agree with other reviews of this suites property. While the suites are a little small for a family of three, they are quite clean and comfortable. I found the staff to be amazingly helpful (they actually found a screwdriver for me within 5 minutes to put batteries in a new toy for my son!). The location is also good, with plenty of grocery stores and restaurants within walking or easy driving distance. The breakfast buffet and evening lite dinner were excellent and thoughtful additions. Plan early, though. This hotel, like most in Odessa/Midland, stay booked up. The price is way too high, in my opinion ($199/night) for a hotel of this caliber, but it is the community standard and is no reflection on the hotel itself. Frankly, given the shortage of hotel rooms in this area, they could probably charge more and still bring in business.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a sofa bed. They are slightly larger.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MT94110
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I was assigned to a job in Odessa TX at the last minute. When I found out that virtually every other Hilton, Marriott or Holiday Inn brand hotel in town was booked due to the oil boom, I was worried because this was the only hotel I could get a room for a week. I was also concerned because I have had some bad experiences at Towne Place Suites which are pretty minimal hotels. Its location next to a Der Wiernerschnitzel also did not inspire confidence. However, I was extremely surprised at how good a hotel this is. Although this is a more budget minded long stay hotel (compared to Residence Inn), the rooms are large, and extremely well maintained (clean). In addition, staff were extremely customer oriented. Rather than the typical bare bones continental breakfast, which TownePlace Suites often provides, this was a full hot breakfast buffet that is better than most Residence Inns. They also provided a free Manager's Reception Sun-Thur, it really is a dinner with cake for dessert, wine/beer and a very nice salad bar in addition to rotating entrees. I found the food here as good as any restaurant nearby. The only negatives were: 1) at $161/night, it was a bit pricey - however, given everything else being sold out, understandable. 2) the wi-fi kept cutting out and was not very relable. I could not facetime with my iPhone. Overall, I cannot emphasize how pleased I was with my stay, and would gladly return here when in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank drichrx
Quad Cities, IL
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I am in Odessa on an extended business trip (3 months) and I have been staying at TownPlace Suites. This hotel is within walking distance to the Music City Mall, Oriental Buffet, and a Wienerschnitzel. (sp?) I have stayed on all four floors and for quicker internet get an end room. They have a complimentary dinner from 6-730PM Mon.-Thur. evenings. Check your calendar on your fridge for the menu. They also serve a great breakfast in AM's as well. Each room has electric burners, counter space, sink, garbage disposal, dishwasher and fridge. Each room is spacious and clean and the front desk staff is amazing. Laundry facilities is on the 2nd floor near room 200 and next to an exit.

Room Tip: If you require internet during your stay they have wireless capabilities and wired capabilities. I h...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank King61256
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I was in Odessa on an extended business trip (6 months), and stayed here at the TownePlace Suites Odessa. Everyone, including the General Manager Ricky Ragsdale, Business Office Manager Tanesa Lewis and the Director of Sales Steven Garcia, did everything possible to make my stay as comfortable as if I were at home! I actually did feel at home after a while. The evening socials were always wonderful, great food and drinks as well as a great atmosphere! If I happend to be running late getting in from work, all I had to do was call ahead and there was always a hot meal waiting! All of the employess in each department I met, from the Executive staff, Front Desk, Housekeeping, maintenance and security all gave me the impression, and some employess had the opportunity to show me personally, that they had the authority as well as the passion, to make certain that each guest had the best hotel experience possible! Many fun activities like movie night were enjoyed during my stay. They also had many New Release DVD's to choose from at no charge to the guest, but the best part of that program was that you could choose to make a donation as "rental fees" and 100% of the donation went to a local, advertised charity that rotated month to month! I certainly would call this hotel my "home away from home"! I only wish I could bring Ricky and his staff along with me for future travels to ensure the same "homey" feeling at other hotels I stay at. I guarantee that when in the Midland/Odessa area the TownePlace Odessa is the ONLY place I would want to stay. Not to mention the value of the large room and full kitchen! Do yourself a favor and try these fine folks out when you are in town!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites, I looked at several while on a tour with the Sales Director, Steven Garcia. Al...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Tim Y
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Had to stay overnight on business and didn't have a reservation and everyone was booked...this looked nice but full but I was desperate!! I ended up with a suite that was even discounted a little and absolutely had an amazing stay!! Staff was wonderful, they served dinner and drinks, total breakfast in the morning and the suite was resort like, I didn't want to leave! I usually don't pay that much for business but the week before had spent nearly the same amount and gotten a bare bones room and nothing more!! I hope all of the good reviews don't up the price as I really would like to stay here every time I am here on business!! Reservations are recommended and I know you won't regret it!!

Room Tip: My only thing was the bed, just a little firmer than I like. I was in 406 by the elevator and it wa...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank sheilasbiz
Booneville, MS
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I had a 12 night visit recently to this hotel. I was very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The breakfast was awesome and the fact that Monday thru Thursday they even have an evening meal is even better. It sure helped because eating out for that many nights really gets old. It was a closed to feeling like home as you can get in a hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business