“Very poor service and facilities”

TownePlace Suites Odessa
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Dallas, Texas
“Very poor service and facilities”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I am currently staying at this hotel on buisness and unfortunatly have to spend another 2 months here. While the cleanliness is good and the look of the place is ok, the quality of service is very poor. The complimentary breakfast is always the same and pretty awfull. The internet speed is at best painfully slow and the rest of the time unuseable, when myself and others confronted a member of staff it was obvious they couldnt care less. Also they have guest washing machines and dryers, there are 3 washing machines, only 1 of which works. Take my advice and go somewhere else there is plenty of choice in odessa.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Nashville, TN
Reviewed October 5, 2010

At check in the Manager pulled me aside and said there was a problem with my room. His English was poor so I understood there was some issue with the floor. It was late and I had no transportation to attempt to find other accommdations so I said I could deal with it.

It took about 30 minutes to check in. I work in IT so I understand that you can have problems with computer systems. I took that in stride.

When I got to my room there was a large red spot on the floor, that looked like a blood stain. Maybe it was, maybe it was koolaid, I'm not squeamish about something I can step over so I took it in stride. After all I'd been warned. However, I soon discovered my bathroom had no shower curtain and no shower rack on which to hang a curtain. When I tried to turn on the TV, I discovered that it had no power cord. I called the Front desk to let them know and they said a maintenance man would be in on Wed. It was Monday.

Perhaps the maintenance man can only come on Wednesdays, perhaps there are no more shower curtain rods in Odessa, and they have to ship them in from Dallas, but a power cord for a TV. You could get one at the local hardware store.

The staff could have cared less.

I checked their internet connection just to see if something worked, and if you want a trip back to 1990s modem speed be sure to stop here and check it out.

So I went to bed early only to discover the Mattress was broken down and lumpy. So I lay there trying to fall asleep and listening to the foot traffice in the rooms above and outside my door. The walls are apparently pretty thin.

The breakfast bar in the morning doesn't even have fruit.

Funny thing is I normally never give a bad review on anything, but this place really torqued me for some reason.

It is hard to imagine how so many people gave this place a good review. It is a dump. One review mentioned the staff running out in the rain to get their car for them. It wasn't service. The staff member was probably just didn't realize it was raining.

I recommend you avoid this place. I certainly will in the future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I have previously written a review on the Town Place Suites but I just had to write another one. This morning it was raining extremely hard in Odessa and I was waiting by the door for it to slow down so I could attempt to get to my car. The parking lot was flooded and flash flood warnings were being issued and it wasn't slowing down. One of the Town Place employees came to me and offered to go out in the rain and get my car. I'm no fool so I took her up on her offer and was able to get going without getting wet. I travel a lot and I have never had anyone anywhere ever offer something like this. This is typical of the service at this hotel. Along with the service you get a comfortable bed and a clean room with full size refrigerator and a complete kitchen. The best place in Odessa by far.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank JJSBCITY
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Thank you for the finger-licking good brisket, I was very impressed with your Manager's Reception. Oh, the beer was good & cold. I also enjoyed the good breakfast buffet in the morning.

Truly this hotel is amazing, I was impressed with the lobby the second I walked in. Beautiful in and out. The people are so nice and very helpful. Thank you for helping me with my transportation too.

Lastly, I don't know what bed you have there, but that thing is first class. What do you call that?

You'll see more of me and my team in your beautiful hotel. Thanks again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank FamilyF1rst
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 5, 2009

I spend a night at this hotel after driving 9 hours from Tucson, AZ. I was on my way to Dallas, TX. I was on the last leg of a 2 day and half journey from Los Angeles. After 9 hours of driving all I wanted was a nice, quite and safe place to send the night. I found it. Nice clean room and a safe location.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo