“If you want your room key handed out” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Odessa Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Odessa
Odessa Motor Inn
You added Odessa Motor Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #34 of 38 Hotels in Odessa
Austin, Texas
“If you want your room key handed out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Whatever you do avoid this motel like the plague. As a customer I am appalled at the lack of professionalism at this establishment. The main issue regarding this motel is the night auditor gave a key to someone who was not on the bill, just because they came in an gave them my money for me, as I was not going to make it back there in time to pay the bill before their 11 am deadline. When I went in to express my concern I was treated as if I was making it up. I showed them the three keys, as it was my father they had given the key too, and the lady's response was," Well this is a he said she said situation." Then they told me their solution to the issue was that ONLY I could pay the room fee. No apologies, no offer to re-key the room, I was lied to about who the manager was, I was denied phone numbers, and given at least one fake email address. When I went back to talk to the actual manager, she was rude and yelling, and basically telling me I must have come and asked for the key. When I asked her why would I ask for another key when I clearly have the two you issued when I checked in and the key in question in my hand. Her response was, we aren't renting a room to you any more. AS IF I would stay there, I had already relocated to another establishment. I had to play super sleuth on the internet to even find the appropriate people to complain to. I didn't even want my money back at first, and they all summarily treated me like I was just ruining their day with my silly security concerns. Avoid this place like the plague, $67.00 a night to be treated like a criminal and my safety put at risk. SMH

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Bleudawn
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at Odessa Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
It is our company policy that we NEVER give keys to anyone who does not have a valid photo ID registered to the room. We generally only accept payment from the person registered to the room as well. We extended a courtesy to you, as you requested. You were told who the property manager was, and she spoke with you after you were abusive to the day time staff. The property management information is posted in the lobby area right next to the office window. I regret the incident and am not sure how it happened. I can assure you that we put our guests safety and comfort first, always. The company that owns this property also owns and manages 7 others, we have never had an incident like this before.

Travelers are raving about these Odessa hotels

1 review from our community