“Pets welcome”

Comfort Inn & Suites Odessa
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Overall this was a great stay. Pet rooms on the first floor. Clean and big room 116. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh. The staff was cheery and helpful. The only snag in a great stay was this: when I was checking in, the front desk gave me keys to a room, that when we entered it, appeared as if someone was occupying the room. The TV was on, towels on the floor, beds unmade. I returned to the front desk and the attendant was very apologetic and appalled at what we found. She quickly rectified the problem. Lots of outside grassy area for dog walking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Apparently the hotels that carry the Comfort Suites name are inconsistent in quality, with this one being on the low end. Front desk clerk seemed bothered by having to check us in. Was told if TV in room didn't work give it a few minutes to warm up then "jiggle it". This was my first clue it was not top of the line. Hotel looked tired and worn as did the room. Pool was closed for renovations and we were not told this on the website or on check-in. Hot breakfast was provided and seemed tasty at the time, but my teenage son had me pull off the highway about ten minutes after eating and became violently ill. I would NOT recommend this particular hotel to others and have become leery of Comfort Suites after this stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kawill
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I could not recommend this facility to anyone simply because the management is incapable of treating travellers with respect.

Rooms were fine - place is nice - staff was working very hard.

On a cross country trip this was the most expensive room (including Arlington, VA).

That being said, the fact that management had a single employee on the front desk to check in an excess of 50 travellers was reprehensible. It wasn't like management was not aware that the motel was booked and when they would be arriving.

One hour and 30 minutes standing in the lobby awaiting check in was management's error, not the hard working staff at the front desk.

There were workers installing tile down one hall near the front desk - and that was the location of the ice maker. The front desk clerk left the desk to get ice for the traveller because it was unsafe for the traveller to proceed down the hall.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This motel is very nice. The staff were very friendly and greeted us as soon as we came in. The rooms were very clean and the furniture they have in there is very nice and clean. We stayed only one night and we left with a pleasant experience but this motel went over and beyond. we had been sitting in the hotel parking lot arranging luggage. Well the housekeeper comes and knocks on our window and says what room were yall in I replied 308 . She says yall left this behind out of her pocket she pulled out my diamond necklace. After shedding a few tears and I was VERY thankful for this young lady. I was so overwhelmed I forgot to get her name. But thanks again you have definitely gained a lifetime customer!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This Comfort Inn in Odessa,TX is located off interstate 20 less than 10 miles from the Midland International Airport. We stayed here the night before our flight one Monday morning in April.
This must be a fairly new Comfort Inn as all areas were spotless including not only our rooms, but also the lobby and dinning area. The deskclerks were oh so friendly. We even got a call from the desk to see if our rooms met our expectations and to see if we had any needs.
The complimentary breakfast was the usually Comfort Inn fare, but was hot and tasty.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 12345gran
Reviewed March 17, 2013

It is not the nicest hotel but Ishwar & Parvati keep my room nice and clean for me. The dude doing the breakfast every morning is very nice. There is some occasionally noise late at night, mostly coming from the hotel next door.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have never had a worse experience at a hotel. I travel a lot for business and have stayed in many. When I arrived, there were construction workers working at the front where you unload your vehicle. They were hollering obscene and sexist remarks at me, like I was there for them to look at! It gets much worse. When I came in, I wasn't greeted by anyone at the front desk for at least 5 minutes, after I asked hello, hello multiple times!!! Like I said before, I have never had a worse experience at a hotel. The last thing that I wanted to do after a long day of work and drive was deal wth a rude hotel staff, when all I wanted to do was get to my hotel room! I have never, ever written a review on anything in my life! Good or bad! But I was so extremely upset by my treatment at this hotel that I felt the need to let people know, DO NOT STAY HERE! After reading these other reviews (which I wish I had done before booking the hotel but didn't have the time because of work and travel) I am glad that I didn't end up actually going up to a room and staying in, what it appears to be, a roach haven. This is the part of my review that you will probably be thinking, this should be illegal: when I saw the conditions of the hotel ( and the fact that they were under construction and completely not put together, which it says no where on the website) I decided that I wanted to stay at the comfort suites up the road a few miles, which I had seen signs for when I got close to odessa. Anyways, so I cancelled the reservation. I was told by the front desk that I would be refunded the next day and to call the next morning after 8 am, to talk to a manager and get my refund. I cancelled, left, and stayed at the comfort suites a few miles up the road. The next morning, when I called, the manager told me that I could not be refunded!!! Even after I had cancelled my reservation!! So in other words, THEY HAD A ROOM EMPTY THAT FOR ALL I KNOW SOMEONE ELSE PAID AND STAYED IN, WHILE I STILL HAD TO PAY FOR THE ROOM!! This should be illegal!! The manager was extremely rude. I couldn't even believe it I thought it was all a bad nightmare. So now I have been charged almost $200 for a hotel that I not only did not stay in, but I cancelled and made available to other guests. Absolutely absurd. Giving this hotel one star is being extremely generous. Take my advice and save yourself the stress and money.

• Stayed: January 2013