“Meh...”

La Quinta Inn Odessa
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Rooms smell and feel like an oil field workers sock. Staff is always very friendly and helpful. Lodging in the Midland/Odessa area during the week stinks, literally. The oil boom has allowed for motel / hotel chains to gouge like everyone has Halliburton $$. $200 a night room from Monday night through Thursday turns into a $65 night Friday - Sunday. They are more of a $65 room value than a $200 a night value.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Your hotel appears to be only interested in maximizing profits at the expense of providing lodging at a reasonable rate. Other La Quinta hotels I have stayed in San Antonio were more reasonable and better maintained.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Wendell H
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had driven 10 hours by the time I got to my room I was too tired to complain since I would have had to get the kids in the car and drive to the office. I slept on top of the blankets and sheets as they were either stained or really had bodily fluids I'm not sure. There was a sticky body fluid on the carpet by the bed I put a towel over. I saw a 1 inch cockroach crawl across the table and when my cat crawled up inside the box spring I lifted the bed up to get her out and found 6 dead ones under the bed. The hotel is old and not modernized at all. Not kept clean and obviously not sprayed for bugs either. This stay was June 6, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mistyp2
A La Quinta traveler
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Hotel was centrally located to our activities and meetings. Hotel staff was friendly and efficient. Due to high occupancy all hotels in this region are higher priced than average. Our experience in other hotels direct us to this La Quinta every time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I travel out of Austin for work. I have stayed all over Texas and this is one of the worst hotels I have been too. There are almost no positives so I will list the negatives.
-The carpet is very thin with uneven cement underneath. This actually hurts my feet.
-The shower was not installed correctly so it buckles as you step in it and as you walk. It ruins taking a shower.
-The rooms have outisde entrances so you can hear everything.
-It has a lot of oil field workers stay here. They are loud and very rude. Yelling, talking and revving their engines at all hours of the night.
-The breakfast is pathetic even by La Quinta standards.
-The towels were not white and smelled dirty.
-The bed buckled and moved.
-The shower was dirty.

I will avoid Odessa altogether in the future because of this experience. If come here again I will make my own reservations and be very slective to avoid the oil field workers.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LeeB7700
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are very old and outdated. The grounds were trashy literally with trash and dog poop. The price was high compared to other hotels but I am sure that is due to the oil boom. All entry is from the parking lot.

• Stayed: May 2014