“first time visit”

Nikis Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hurst, Texas
“first time visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was our first time to Nikis and it was a good dinner. Had to wait about 15 minutes, but that comes with good restaurants on a Friday night. It is a little small, but I understand they are moving very soon to a larger location right across Davis Blvd. Family operated businesses just seem to have a characteristic about them that leaves the customer feeling more satisfied than a national chain.

Visited December 2012

North Richland Hills, Texas
“Second time there- we both got food poisened”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

The first time I went-, I enjoyed the food and service. NO problems there. The second time we went was this past Wednesday night before thanksgiving. I had the linguini and red clam sauce with clams on the half shell. This is the exact same dish as the fruite mare- minus the scallops and shrimp, meaning the sauce is identical.

Nevertheless the blue clams on the half shell did look a bit under cooked- I thought nothing of it. At most of my meal took the rest to go. My girlfriend had the chicken alfredo. I was the first to get home and indicated something was wrong with my stomach. Sure enough-- to the bathroom I went. I will spare the gory details of diarrhea and puking all night. Needless to say my thanksgiving consisted of sleeping and on the toilet. My girlfriend also got sick thanksgiving day.

I just made a call to the restaurant and asked for the owner. The idiot on the phone sounded like he was a sleep. I also have a feeling he was the one who served us as I remember him having a cold. When I told him I had been food poisoned he was oblivious to what I was saying and took my name and number for the owner to call me.

I would like to give this place another chance but not sure I can at this point.

• Visited November 2012
fort worth texas
“Hit or miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

The service at this restaurant is lacking. While dining there I got the impression that they don't really care that you've chosen them to dine with. The food is just so, so in flavor and presentation. I'm still trying to find a good Italian restaurant in this area that will accomadate.

Fort Worth, TX
“Good Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

There are actually two Nikkis and they are in the process of opening a new one and closing the older one down. But there is one right next door to Kroger where we shop and we have passed it up for years. Decided it was time to give it a try on our last shopping trip. What a nice restaurant for a strip center. The atmosphere is charming. Lunch specials are incredibly reasonable. The lasagne was almost as good as my own and my chef salad was chock full of ham, salami, provolone, olives and a nice touch of roasted red peppers. Their garlic knots are excellent. Good things do come in small packages.

• Visited September 2012
North Richland Hills, Texas
“Hidden gem of NRH”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We have been going here for years. Nikis is a great little family owned Italian place. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.