“Better than the last time I had RL”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: 817-281-7540
Description: 817-281-7540
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The last time I dined at a Red Lobster restaurant was in Denton, which I left feeling somewhat disenchanted. I had been salivating at the thought of their shrimp scampi, which is one of my favorite things to eat at any restaurant, but it was lacking its usual outstanding flavor. Not so this time -- the NRH restaurant redeemed the chain for me.

We started with the wonderful cheddar biscuits, which helped pacify the young ones as well. The Caesar salad was tasty as well, and then my fried shrimp and scampi arrived -- I was elated that the scampi was back to its usual awesome flavor. The fried shrimp was fairly good as well. The fries? Meh -- but then, that's not why I go. Next time I'm going to listen to my wife and get roasted vegetables, so that I can either take them home for her to eat the next day, or (gasp) actually eat some vegetables for a change.

As for my wife, she enjoyed the new parmesan fried shrimp -- I got to taste it, and it's like a cross between regular fried and regular scampi. She could have done without the mango jalapeno shrimp, though -- I tried it as well, and normally I like sweet flavors, but it just didn't work here. The shrimp alfredo, she didn't touch -- but this was intentional, as it will be my wife's lunch tomorrow.

A couple of hiccups -- we found a fragment of a green leaf on the back of one of our forks, and my wife found a hair on her plate. The service was a bit slow at first, but picked up after we placed our orders. Still, overall, this was a good visit -- I would rate it four spots, except that I have to consider how I'd rate it if the hair had been in my food and not my wife's.

There are newer reviews for Red Lobster

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The new remodel is pleasant and something this restaurant has needed in a long time. They always seems to be very busy. The service is attentive and the food very good. Looking forward to dining with them again.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a huge RL and recently totally remodeled. The parking lot is always packed and there is usually a waiting line. Food consistent with RL quality. Service very good. Know it's a chain, but we enjoy going here and so does everybody else in town!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Red Lobster is one of those special occasion places for us due to the price but it is worth it. They always have good food and the biscuits are AWESOME! My two small girls surprisingly love going there and always ask to go but don't understand the cost involved. They recently remodeled the place so the mess is gone.

Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

My bride and I dined here last night. They recently remodeled (the outside) and it looks more appealing from the street than it used to. Dining room still very dated. Staff was friendly and attentive. Diet Coke was flat and I sent it back. The waitress said they were out of CO2. The air conditioning also seemed to be struggling to keep up in the record heat we're having here. The food came fast and was mostly good. Except, the crab legs which were overcooked. I think a seafood restaurant should know how to cook seafood. Other than the few flaws mentioned above, it was a pleasant experience. Of course, my better half probably helped out in that regard.
Overall, this location is not a good example of the chain. If there's another one within your area, go there instead.