“Better Than Red Lobster”

Ernie's Seafood Restaurant & Bar
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I can tell you that the portions you get compared to such places as Red Lobster are far better in scope and of better quality, as well. This is a locally owned place and not part of a chain that cuts as many corners as they can. The staff will assit you in any way they can provided they are not overwhelmed with all the customers. Prices are a little more than you might expect but the food is excellent. They serve food that is not processed and they make sure almost all of their food products are non-allergenic. The owner is activity present and takes great pride in his place and it shows. A family of 4 might spent over $100.00 dollars but that does include 2 entrees and 4 main courses of the finest steak, fish, seafood, and pasta. I can tell you I have dined at some of the finest restaurants in the world and they are a hidden jewel. The locals love them and it shows. Some people try to make comparision to the ambiance of the place to the monies they spent on the food. Dead wrong...it is all about the food.

2  Thank Rustycnrh

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Ernies is standard, and you know what to expect. The menu is a great deal when you couple it with a 2-for-1 deal or 20% off. Otherwise, it's a little expensive for what it is...everything is about a B- on the scale...not bad, a bit above average, but not quite up to the menu prices they ask!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We go here often on an Entertainment Guide discounted deal...the food is good, very good, and the service is usually good...maybe very good. The ambiance is a crowded restaurant but they try hard, and most entrees are in the $10-14 range, so, if you have a 20% off coupon, it's a great value. Last we were there, they still allow smoking in the bar:-(

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The last time I ate here was ten years ago and the food was great. Fast forward, and my husband and I ate here again. He got the pick-two special ($10.99) with bacon-wrapped shrimp and grilled shrimp, a salad, and steamed vegetables and said it was excellent. I got the fried oysters ($11.99) with a baked potato and cole slaw. We were among the first people inside, but the place filled up fast. I told my husband this must be the place where all the Assisted Living people ate, and he reminded me that we're fast-approaching that age group. Back to the food. My oysters were plentiful but small-ish, probably a dozen, and all went well until I'd eaten six or seven. Then I found one that was bad and it almost ruined the meal for me. It was only one, but that was enough. Otherwise, the meal would've gotten them a solid four-star rating. The ambience is nice, the place is clean and the wait staff is friendly. Once the place filled up, the waiters/waitresses were scrambling to keep all of the diners happy. Don't let my experience ruin it for you, just word to the wise, skip the oysters.

1  Thank Laurie M
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been here twice and both times found the seafood to have that unfresh "fishy" flavor. I decided to overlook it the first time and give them another chance as I did enjoy their garden salad and gumbo, just not the shrimp. So, the second time I ordered fish and it was also not fresh. The atmosphere was nice but I won't return and I would not recommend.