“Fresh Food”

Lone Star Catfish
Hurst, Texas, United States
“Fresh Food”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife & I were on a road trip and needed a place to have lunch. I had the homemade steak fingers. These were some of the I can remember having in a long time. The French fries were hand cut, beans good. I would drive from Hurst again.

2 Thank Scott D

Pineville, Louisiana
“Enjoy Your Fish And Eat It Too”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

While visiting family family at the hunting lease just east of Nocona, Texas, the wife and I decided to visit the city. In doing so we saw a sign for Lone Star Catfish. Wife's favorite is catfish and she has not had for a while, so we decided to give this a try. Let me say that we were not disappointed in our choice.
My wife had the catfish plate which consisted of 5 very nice size fried catfish fillets along with sides of cole slaw, black eyed peas, French fries, hush puppies, pickle and onion. She was so happy that I thought she was going to swim to the kitchen and hug the cooks neck!
I on the other hand am not popular on fried catfish so decided on the steak finger basket (which by the way said on the menu, "Home made". The "Home made" caught my eye, so asked the waitress if they were frozen or truly home made. She assured me that they were in fact home made and very good. I settled on this for my lunch/dinner selection. This plate also came with sides of cole claw, black eyed peas, French fries and Texas toast.
When our meal arrived we blessed it and dug in! After the first bite we both looked at each other and just smiled and went back to eating. At the conclusion we both felt the same way. Very pleased with the meal. The fried catfish was perfectly cooked and also had an excellent flavor. All the sides were awesome! As for the steak fingers, they just melted in your mouth and the batter that was used was the very best I have ever eaten. The sides were also awesome and neither of us left any of the sides, my wife was unable to eat all of her fried catfish.
If ever passing thru Nocona, Texas you owe it to yourself to stop and have the best meal you have ever encountered while traveling. If you live within 50 of this place you have got to take your better half to this for a great "Date Night Meal"! The atmosphere is out of the ballpark as is the service and the friendly staff. You will not be disappointed. If you are I'll reimburse you for your meal!

• Visited November 2013