“Family Reunion Kickoff Dinner”
Review of Times Forgotten Steakhouse - CLOSED

Times Forgotten Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Magnolia, Texas
“Family Reunion Kickoff Dinner”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Our family got together at my Dad's lake house in Nocona for a family reunion last weekend, and about 16 of us met up on Thursday evening for an "unofficial" kickoff dinner at Times Forgotten. I've eaten there several times with Dad before, so I was looking forward to another great meal.

Because we had such a large group, we called ahead and our tables were waiting for us when we arrived. The service was ok - I think our server was perhaps a little overwhelmed with our group. We were seated at two tables of 8, and kids were all seated together. I'm not quite sure how it happened, but half of the group (randomly scattered between the two tables) ordered, and when their entrees began arriving, the rest of us couldn't figure out how we had been skipped. But our server came right over and took the rest of the orders and we had our food as well in no time. The fried pickles and fried jalapeno appetizers were very good. I had the grilled chicken breast topped with bacon and cheese, and although not exactly an entree for the calorie-conscious, it was delicious. I heard similar comments from the rest of the group regarding their entrees as well.

The building really is beautiful, the food is good, and I'll definitely look forward to our next visit to Times Forgotten!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank allicatag

Wichita Falls, Texas
“Great Lunch!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Played golf in Nocona and went downtown to eat. What a great lunch we had! The food and service were great...portions were generous. The interior of the restaurant is decorated beautifully....feels like you are transported back to another time with the wooden floors and antique stamped celing tiles. Very friendly staff!

• Visited April 2014
Pineville, Louisiana
“Wife's Birthday Night Out”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Staying about 8-10 miles from Nocona, Tx at our hunting lease and read about Time Forgotten Steakhouse in downtown area. Walked in and was greeted by several staff members and were seated. First thing that caught my eye was an old player piano and the wonderfully decorated ceiling out of what appeared to be stamped tin. Very interesting touch along with the deer mounts on the wall. The interior was very tastefully done.
We received our menus and right away I saw an appetizer that we just has to have, "Texas Toothpicks" which were strips of onions and jalapeño battered with TFS's on batter and fried to a golden brown and a bowl of ranch dressing. After tasting them wife and I came to the same conclusion, why had we not heard of these before, they were awesome. We filled ourselves with these and my wife's salad came that was a part of her Rib Eye steak along with a fully stuffed baked potato. I had the extra large stuffed baked potato as that was the winner over the chicken fried steak that I almost ordered. Must say that was the largest baked potato I have ever seen and cook to perfection. It was stuffed with butter, cheese, chives, bacon and and tomatoes which was the first time I have had tomatoes on a baked potato. Was very tasty, and after trying I was only able to eat half of the potato. Don't order the extra large unless you have a really big appetite, as it will put you to the test to finish.
Wife's rib eye steak was ordered medium well, but was a little to red for her in places so she gave those pieces to me as I like my steak medium rare. The flavor was out of this world, would have to say the tastiest steak I have had in a very long tome and was also very tender. Wife was unable to eat all of her steak.
Besides the meal being extremely well done and very tasty the portions were very generous.
We both left left there miserably full and ended up leaving food on our plates.
Highly recommend Time Forgotten Steakhouse jus off of State Hwy 82 in Nocona, Texas!

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Robert W
Newcastle, Australia
“Fabulous.”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This place was wonderful. Located in an old bank building in the main street of Nocona this place has a fabulous interior. Beautiful stamped tin ceilings and polished timber floors as well as local historical pieces scattered throughout. The food was great as was the service. Everyone went out of their way to welcome you and make feel at home. So good we went back for dinner the next evening. Highly recommend this place if you are in the area.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank lizandrex
Fort Worth, Texas
“Absolutely great!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The food was great and quantity, quality of the dishes was superb. The reason for the not perfect rating is because we came in at lunch rush and we were a party of 13. A little slow on the service but that is expected with a large group. The food and ambience certainly made up for slow service. I will certainly return and highly recommend to friends.

• Visited August 2013