This motel is a very good value for this category of property (drive up motel with outdoor corridor)
Staff at this property were very friendly. I had to change my reservation from 4 to 3 days and they helped me out with no problem. We were greeted every time we walked by the front desk on our way to breakfast :) Our key cards did not work when we checked in - they promptly sent up a staffer to deliver new keys to us.
This property is a drive up motel with outdoor corridors. I had a hard time getting my huge suitcase up the stairs. If mobility is a problem you should request a room on the first level.
We stayed in non-smoking room 219 facing the highway which at times could be loud but we had no trouble falling/staying asleep.
The bed was king sized and a 7 out of 10 for comfort, linens were clean and fresh. 5-6 pillows on the bed with varying degrees of firmness/softness. The bed only had a sheet and light blanket though - no comforter. I didn't have a problem with this but my boyfriend was cold at night.
The room was clean and smelled fresh - no smoke odors. No bugs or stray hairs :) The carpet felt a bit gummy - perhaps that is due to the product they use to clean?? Towels in the bathroom were adequate but weren't very soft.
Breakfast was nice in the morning and was offered until 10am right outside the lobby. We stayed from Thursday evening until Sunday morning. The complimentary breakfast buffet during this stay included juice, milk, tea, coffee, waffles, toast, bagels, pastries, mini muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, individual boxes of cereal, bananas, oatmeal. There is a toaster and microwave available in this area.
Parking lot seemed to be secure. 1 out of the 3 nights a couple gentlemen were hanging out by their trucks but they minded their own business :)
My one complaint: there is no fan in the bathroom. There is a vent but you can't manually turn on a fan when you use the bathroom. The bathroom would get really steamy during a shower. Also, there is a loud humming noise behind the bathroom sink - I'm not sure if this is part of the AC or part of the bathroom vent... but it was LOUD.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that New Braunfels has to offer at your comfortable Holiday Inn. Conveniently located between Austin and San Antonio, you are at the heart of everything, shopping, dining, and entertainment. You are minutes away from all of your favorite attractions, such as Schlitterbahn, Gruene Hall, Guadalupe and Comal rivers. For you shopping enthusiasts, downtown New Braunfels, Historic Gruene, and the San Marcos Outlet Malls have exactly what you are looking for. You can pull right up to your room or open your door to our crystal clear over sized swimming pool or have a picnic under the oak trees. Whether you re coming to New Braunfels for business or just for fun, Holiday Inn will be your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Come join us for breakfast and dinner in the River Rock Steak Haus or relax in the Prickly Pear Lounge with your favorite beverage. If you prefer, you may have your food and drinks delivered right to your room. Your room amenities include, high-speed Internet, one-cup coffee makers, blow dryers, irons and ironing boards, and cable TV. For your convenience, many of our rooms do have microwaves and mini fridges. Your friends at the Holiday Inn-New Braunfels are always here to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada New Braunfels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada New Braunfels Hotel New Braunfels
- Holiday Inn New Braunfels
- New Braunfels Holiday Inn