“It must have been an off night.”

Montana Mike's Steakhouse
Ranked #83 of 263 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Texas
“It must have been an off night.”
Reviewed February 15, 2010

This is my husband's favorite place to eat in NB. He couldn't wait to take me here. While the bar staff was friendly, our server didn't know we were in his/her station. Once that was cleared up, we placed our order. I had the filet mignon. It truly looked like it was placed under a broiler - grey with no grill marks. While it was a decent steak, it was not what I consider a steakhouse steak. One of us could easily have cooked this one in our oven at home. My husband's ribeye, on the other hand, looked great. The veggies and bread were good, and the margaritas were great. I'd give it another try, but I was really disappointed.

san antonio, texas
“BETTER THAN OUTBACK!”
Reviewed December 22, 2009

You can't beat the Mountain Momma's Ribeye. It's my favorite steak house in all of Texas! Waitstaff - friendly/helpful/courteous. Side dishes are great - salads good....
actually, it's my favorite place in New Braunfels to dine out!

1 Thank merry71
Dallas, texas
“A Decent Steakhouse”
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Had dinner there 11/5/2009. Decent prices, good food, and good service. Great casual atmosphere.

1 Thank jpbb
new braunfels, Texas
“Mike's Has It”
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Best cheap steaks for Miles.....always tasty. Good chicken fried, good green beans, good mashed taters.....big portions. Also....they make a good burger and some fine salads. Good Service !!!!!

Beware the Yeast Rolls......they are deadly....:)

1 Thank catndryer
Tampa, Florida
“Western theme, comfortable atmosphere, good food.”
Reviewed June 25, 2009

This restaurant has a menu typical of similar western themed restaurants in the area. There are soups, salads and a variety of entrees. Chicken Fried Steak and iced tea might be considered the "national dish" of Texas. I dined here with a party of eight; we all had different dishes and all were of the opinion that what they ordered was both tasty and in generous servings.

Prices were similar to other restaurants of this kind in this area.

Service was prompt and good.

The decor is rough-hewn western. Most of the booths are large enough to comfortably seat six people, and there are tables in another section that can be placed together to accommodate larger parties.

This is a restaurant that I will be visiting again.

1 Thank Carl S